Incredible Camry pricing

I understand that Hayward Toyota in San Francisco is selling new 2006 CAMRY LE's for $16,999 (automatic tranz). They say they have about 20 of them, but color selection is limited.

That price is only $900 more than the $16,100 I've negotiated for a Corolla LE.

Should I fly out to San Francisco while the sale is going on, and buy a Camry?

Is Hayward a good dealership? Do you think I'll really get a brand new Camry that's in excellent condition for that price?

Would anyone know of other dealerships selling Camry's at similar prices?

It almost seems to good to be true.

Thanks.

PS: By the way, thank you Ray O for the late-month buying tip. I'll try putting it to good use by knocking another $300 off my current offer price of 16,100 on the Corolla LE whose MSRP is 17,070--if I don't go to San Fran for the Camry.

Reply to
Built_Well

Keep in mind that you are comparing the top-of-the-line Corolla (XRS model aside) to the entry-level Camry.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Oh, sorry, I should have mentioned that the 16,100 is not for a Corolla XRS but for a Corolla LE.

Reply to
Built_Well

I would try getting internet pricing from dealers near you. You can start at

or go directly to the dealers site.

Reply to
Art

And you did in fact say that it was for an LE. My statement above implies that I was NOT counting the XRS when I was talking about high end Corollas. :-)

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

This is nit-picking, but Hayward Toyota is in Hayward, not San Francisco.

You have to compare the options on the Camrys - they are probably pretty bare bones. My guess is that they were originally destined for fleet sales and were somewhow re-directed to retail sales.

I would not invest in a plane ticket unless you know that they will have the car you are looking for when you arrive.

I have not dealt personally with them in over 20 years so you will have to get someone else's opinion on whether they are a good dealership or not.

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

Hayward's not low-balling, are they? I heard about the $16,995 sale for automatic Camry LE's at FatWallet.com :

FatWallet's link about Hayward's Camrys:

Built_Well

Sounds like this is coming from the sales staff at that dealership to me!

Reply to
Wolfgang

OK, where can I get new 2006 camry LE for $16999? :-) I will get it today for that price...

Reply to
Pszemol

Yeah, the Camry is being promoted aggressively (market share) and the prices are quickly dropping. But they've been selling around that price for several years. Except now you have more hidden rebates than ever so the prices could probably go lower.

Reply to
johngdole

What are the direct competitor models to camry from ford, gm, crystler ?

Reply to
Pszemol

Toyota does not have "hidden rebates." All sales promotions and rebates are advertised to the public either through national advertising, local Toyota Dealer Advertising Association ads, or individual dealer ads. Toyota would not hold a sale and then keep it a secret, and I doubt if any auto maker would either.

Ford - Taurus and 500 GM - Chevy Impala, Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Lucerne Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Stratus

Reply to
Ray O

The Chevy Malibu has been called Chevy's "camry fighter." Having had the occassion to drive a rental Malibu lately, I'd agree (of course the Malibu was a 6 vs. my 4 camry....).

Reply to
timbirr