intermittent window motor - 2000 corolla

The rear windows in my corolla work intermittently. When I lower them they only come up a few minutes then stop. If I wait a minute they will come up a few more inches, wait and repeat until closed. The driver's window which gets the most use and should wear out first, works fine. It doesn't matter whether I use the window switch on the back door or front door, same result. What's up? George

Reply to
George

Not your windows! (sorry, couldn't resist)

You have to remove the inner door panels and take a look. A binding regulator is a likely culprit. Some carefully applied grease will help. The binding regulator makes the motor's circuit breaker pop, then it resets, and the process starts over. Another possibility is a bad motor. You can confirm this by disconnecting the motor from the regulator and seeing if the motor works. Other possibilities are the master switch and wiring.

Reply to
Ray O