JDM 3sgte head questions

I have a JDM 3sgte head from a 91 Japanese MR2, that I am going to fit onto my 5sfe block. The head only has 40k miles on it. I had it checked at a machine shop and everything is fine. At the machine shop we compared the valves from a USDM 3sgte to my JDM 3sgte valves. The valves in the JDM are about 1mm larger in diameter than the USDM, I think thats due to the emissions requirements between Japan and the US. We couldn't compare head to head because they didn't have a US 3sgte head in their shop, he just had the valves. Which leads me to my questions. I've heard that the USDM 3sgte head fits on a USDM 5sfe block, but what about the JDM? Would a JDM 3sgte head fit on a USDM

5sfe block? Also, I am getting a tubular turbo manifold from a guy I know, he got it from Australia, should this fit my head? He doesn't live around here so he'll have to mail it to me. Will I have to buy all JDM manifolds because of a slight difference, or is there even a difference? I guess I could buy the head gasket and the manifold gaskets to see if they line up. But please, to save me the trouble and money...Does anyone know the answer to these questions? And I can't find an aftermarket intake for either the USDM or the JDM, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot

Jay

Reply to
GT-two

The 3sgte valves/heads could have come from any of 3 revisions of engine. A photo of the ports would help. Are they small ports or larger wide ones on yours? The 3 different 3sgte engine revisions (mk1-3)used different valve sizes depending on power output. Do youknow what revision the head you have is from?

Reply to
Coyoteboy