New IS250/350

Has anyone driven one of these yet? Looks pretty promising, on paper...

Reply to
dizzy

I drove an older (2003) 250. If the new one is even better....

YEEEEE HAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

It had better be better... The car mags say it's better in every way. The really difficult thing for Lexus to overcome is the boredom factor. Their cars are usually incredibly boring to drive, IMO. The new IS250 with the six-speed manual looks like it may be the best chance yet of them having something fun. Too bad there's no manual available for the 350...

Reply to
dizzy

dizzy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I might look into leasing an IS350 later this year. Mainly because I could write off most of the payments if it's primarily for my business. But if my finances look ok, maybe I'll just buy.

Right now it depends on the resale value and the specs on the 07/08 Infiniti coupe. To be honest, I have not driven the IS but everything else besides it, G35 and BMW have either terrible resale value or are too expensive. Or lacking in RWD.

Reply to
Dave Stone

Lexus is the drug dealers vehicle of choice. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Around the Chicago area, it is a black Cadillace Escalade equipped with spinning wheels.

Reply to
Ray O

I like to buy. I usually keep my cars for 6+ years.

I like that car a lot. If I was in the market for a 2-door, it would be at the top of the list.

Yeah, those 3 are my "short list" as well. This Spring, it will be time for some test drives. (I've driven the E90, and didn't find it to be much of an improvement over my E46.)

Reply to
dizzy

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news:gPGcnS59K snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

How would you know this?

Reply to
Dave Stone

I read it on the internet. Beside all of my drug dealer friends drive Lexus' ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I test drove the IS250 with the 6 speed. It's a dog. Way too sluggish for me. And the handling is too plush for me also. They're not able to beat the 3-series with this thing for sure.

Reply to
RT

There is an optional sport suspension... I find the BMW's are also too plush with the standard suspension, but are about perfect when equipped with the sport suspension.

Reply to
dizzy

Well I drove a IS-350 and while some what impressed with the vehicle it still was not as quiet and smooth as my 97 ES300. But the car sure looks good as H***. Then I went over to the used car lot and brought a 04 LS430 home

Reply to
jb1752

Thank goodness.

Reply to
dizzy

I don't think you can compare the two.

wow, you went the complete other way. Didn't even see used ls430's when I was over there. I heard they're coming out with a new LS 4x0 this year?

Reply to
RT