Labor Rate

Ah. Amherst area here...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! Industrial park!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Devens is now a FEDERAL PRISON!

I suppose, depending on your point of view, one is the same as the other!

(I had one job where one of the girls and I became good friends, and I told her the nly difference between working there and prison was, in prison yuou KNOW when you're getting out!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

You are correct, I guess I didn't quite express that properly did I. It the same with all manufactures. What I meant to convey was the warranty rate is set as a percentage of the shop rate a dealer charges. When we wanted to raise our reimbursement rate we had to demonstrate that our labor rate to our customers had gone up over the last quarter. The rate we charged customers had to be in the same range of other brands in an area as well. What worked for use in some areas was that our Group owned many of the other stores around as well and we could effect the rate in the area. The purpose is to keep the dealership reimbursement rate up with costs. We could always adjust the actual time worked downward in tenths for customers to keep the total cost to them down. Our reimbursement rate and shop rates for the same manufacture were as much as $20 or more lower at our dealerships in Tennessee and Florida than in NY, NJ etc

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What you're describing is how Toyota (and I assume all manufacturers) set the warranty labor rate for each dealer, except that the percentage that Toyota pays is 100% unless the dealer's labor rate is way higher than other dealerships of the same brand in the area. I've never seen that happen though.

Reply to
Ray O

Unless he's in Provincetown.

Reply to