Land Cruiser and the Fiestone air-ride helper air bags

I have installed (professionally by a dealer that does this sort of stuff) the Firestone air bags that go inside the rear coil springs.

For the THIRD time, the air lines have kinked. This, of course, makes it impossible for air to get into (or out) of the air bags.

Travel path and distance have all been considered but NOTHING seems to work using the hard, plastic air line. It simply always kinks.

The problem stems from the up and down travel of the rear of the car, especially when the rear is jacked up to attach the weight distribution hitch from my RV.

I am considering a soft type of 1/2 in hose (doesn't need to hold more than about 50 or so lbs of air pressure) to try and get around this problem. There are also 1/4 in hoses that have a stainless steel braid around them.

Anyone have either a similar problem or, hopefully, found a solution to this problem? I really need these air bags to work.

Reply to
patmurphy111