LAND CRUISER DISCONTINUED?

I am hearing rumors that Toyota will stop production on the Land Cruiser and come out with something new but of much decreased off-road capacity. Anybody heard anything?

Reply to
INDIVIDUAL

"INDIVIDUAL" wrote in news:43d31c28$0$26035$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com:

They have a new Cruiser coming out with a rather retro body. Go to Autoblog and you will see writeups on it.

RD (The Sandman)

"RD (The Sandman)" wrote in news:Xns9753768995161hopewell@216.196.97.136:

You mean the FJ Cruiser? That thing's hideous but might be able to get it done off-road.

Dave Stone

Hybrid .

Reply to
The beneVolent dbu

I coiuldn't find any picture of the Land Cruiser on the link. If you are talking about the FJ Cruiser, it is a retro body on a 4Runner chassis.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
James

I learned something new today! The LandCruiser chassis is a more serious off-road chassis than a 4Runner so the new FJ Cruiser should be a good off-roader.

Reply to
Ray O

It is built on the Prado chassis - not the 4runner

Reply to
notmyrealname

Yup, another poster already pointed out my error.

Reply to
Ray O