Lexus RX300 strange ticking noise

My 2003 Lexus RX 300 ( which in the US is similar to the Highlander) has about

60,000 miles on it. Recently, an intermittent
noise has been coming from the dash. The best way I can describe it is > like the ticking noise a light timer or underground sprinkler timer > might make. A friend of mine said it sounds like a casette tape that > has reached the end of rewind and keeps on clicking and ticking.. The > noise appears intermittently, but it's there about 80% of the time I > drive the SUV. Shifting into neutral makes no difference, and I've > checked every power item as well as the audio system and air conditioning fan

and compressor and they are not related to the noise.

> I'm planning on having my Toyota dealer where I get my regular > maintenance check it out when I get a chance. But I'm concerned as to > whether it is something minor, or serious. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks.
Reply to
J Golden