purchased 2014 Avalon

after a year or so of waiting, I finally bought a new Avalon, trying to get a discount on a 2014

I was debating the hybrid, since I simply wanted one, but I don't drive much, so saved the extra 5k

not a BMW or Lexus, but a very nice car

It comes with an anti theft system w/engine immobilizer. I'm considering adding a Lojack, since I plan on owning this car at least 10 years. Is there an GPS/tracking alternative to Lojack?

[btw, my old 2003 Avalon uses Regular gas]

marc

Reply to
marco

How do you compare the new Avalon to your 2003? I rented one last year in Las Vegas and everyone in the family including me preferred my 2004 Avalon.

Reply to
badgolferman

golferman,

it's too early for a decent review, since i've only driven it 10 miles! i'll need 6 months to a year to really tell

but, it's newer, shinier, leather seats, USB ports, built in alarm, telscoping steering wheel, gives MPG etc, trip information, etc

i think i'm going to like it, but i was really ready for a change after 11 years, new color, etc

it's interesting that i paid about 27-28k in 2003, and only 30k out the door, in 2014

marc

Reply to
marco

I just noticed my 2014 Avalon, [which still has less than 100 miles on it!]

uses Synthetic oil [0-20w, 0-30w, or something like that]

I'm not complaining, just interesting information...

marc

Reply to
marco

I tend to avoid synthetic oil or even those blends for older cars. Every time I've used them in the past my car developed oil leaks. Probably just a coincidence...

Can't speak for newer cars and synthetic oil, but I've heard if your car started out with that kind of oil you should stay with it. Probably old mechanics tales anyway...

Reply to
badgolferman