Matrix vs, Viper

Other than the color of the dash lights, what is the difference?

Reply to
doc

About 500 HP.

Reply to
badgolferman

I think you mean "Vibe" ...there's a big difference between them, namely the emblem on the Matrix says "Toyota" and the one on the Vibe says "Pontiac". I think there may be a little difference in their warranty stats too, but why that should be only a guru could tell you.

Reply to
mack

And $60,000 at list...

Reply to
Hachiroku

The Vibe is made in California, the Matrix is made in Canada. They are almost the exact same. The sheet metal on the outside is different, and there are a few diffrences under the hood (the Vibe has a Delco battery) and the vibe has a different radio. The Matrix will depreciate slightly less because it is a Toyota.

I bought a Vibe two years ago. My local Toyota dealer was a total jerk, and didn't have what I wanted (5 spd manual), and wasn't too interested in getting it. The Pontiac Dealer down the street had 2 on the lot, and I had a choice of colors. I got a better deal on the Vibe too. I love it, all I've done is change the oil and rotate tires.

Reply to
John Karpich

Aren't they both made in Fremont CA at the NUMMI plant?

Reply to
mack

Go to the Nummi Site ...

There is a link on the left that tells you what they make, Past, and present.

If you want to learn more about the Vibe that you wanted to know go to this site ...

There is a corresponding site for Matrixes (Matrixi ?)but I cannot find it at the moment.

Reply to
John Karpich