Mechanic recommendation needed for Union County, NJ

Can anybody recommend a googd mechanic in Northern NJ (union county, Westfield area)? I am having idle problems. I suspect either the IAC valve or EGR valve. Both expensive parts so I would like to find someone who can troubleshoot these types of problems.

Reply to
noname87

You might poke around here and see if it lists recommendations from other users:

JoeSpareBedroom

Assuming it is your car, and not you that is having idle problems, you can post the model, model year, engine, mileage, and recent repair and maintenance history here and we may be able to help you fix it yourself. Also, a little more information on what kind of idle problem would help.

Besides the IAC and EGR valves, the MAF sensor might be dirty. Also, a vacuum leak or hole in the intake tube between the air filter and throttle body can cause idle problems.

Reply to
Ray O