Mice loading fan blower with nuts

Hi,

I have a 93 4 Runner and 92 pickup that have both been packed full of nuts in the fan blower! I've dropped the fan motor in the 4 runner and cleaned it out, now have the same problem with the pickup. If someone can tell me where the air intake is located for the fan, and give me some suggestions on how to prevent this problem in the future. I'm guessing behind the fender somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dave

I thought that the intake is on top of the cowling. Make sure no pieces of the grill on top of the cowling are missing. It is possible that the rodents got in through the interior if a window was left open.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
Dave

Happens all the time with with my corolla.

Have never been able to stop it. All the wildlife material I have found say they can enter a hole as small as a dime.

Seems to be worst in the winter when they are looking for warm places. My stop-gap measure is leaving a mouse trap on the floor of the passenger side of the car. Normally the peanut butter attracts them before they do much damage, if any.

A Tin Cat also works, but then you have the question of what to do with the little devils.

Reply to
timbirr