99 pathfinder fan blower problem

my 1999 nissan pathfinder has a problem with the fan blower switch, which has the range of: 'off-1-2-3-4' .

the problem is (and it just happened suddenly as opposed to gradually), is that only fan speed '4' works. speeds 1-2-3 no longer function. i checked the fuses (there are 2) and they are ok.

Can someone give me a clue on whats wrong ? and what it takes to fix it ?

thanks in advance.......

Reply to
dummy

Just figured that's the way everyone sorts their messages. :)

Reply to
evodawg

Yes, its the ballast resistor thats shot.....15 minute fix

Reply to
LouieG