Climate Blower Fan Noise 2001 SE Electronic

Have a 2001 Max SE with the Electronic Climate Control. The Blower Fan on low speed has a tick tick sound that drives me nuts unless I have the radio on and turned up. The tick tick sound leaves when you up the rpm of the blower about half way. The fan which is behind the glove box needs some type cover. Does anyone know of a dealer fix or service bulletin on this problem.

Reply to
jdc1203

There is a TSB on this, go to

go to the 5th generation section, at the top of the thread you will see the TSB thread, go there and look for the blower noise TSB.

Neil

jdc1203 wrote:

Reply to
Neil

Neil

jdc1203 wrote:

The Blower Fan on

I have the radio

the rpm of the

box needs some type

bulletin on this

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

There was one for the 2K Max, but I don't recall seeing it for later models. The normal dealer fix is to add extra insulation around the fan, but my dealer actually replaced the motor instead. Here's the TSB summary:

Service Bulletin Number: NTB99017A Bulletin Sequence Number: 109 Date of Bulletin: 0002 NHTSA Item Number: SB610985 Make: NISSAN Model: MAXIMA Year: 2000 Component: ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM Summary: SOME CUSTOMERS MAY INDICATE THAT A LIGHT TICKING OR HUMMING NOISE CAN BE HEARD COMING FROM THE BLOWER MOTOR OF AN APPLIED VEHICLE WHEN THE MOTOR IS RUN AT LOW FAN SPEEDS.

Reply to
Dan