MR2 20 valve engine conversion question

Hi all, looking for ANY help we can find on this......

Problem: The car is a 1986 MR2 that came with a stock 16 valve engine. We took out the engine and replaced it with a 1992 4AGE 20 valve engine out of a Toyota Levin from Japan. Everything is done except the wiring. We can not correctly hook up the wiring harnesses.

We're looking for both advice and hopefully a wiring diagram for a Toyota Levin that may help us out.

ANY help would GREATLY be appreciated. We need to get the car running and in service.

Pete ( snipped-for-privacy@us.ibm.com)

Reply to
Pete Derkowski

Ask here:

Somebody should be able to help you.

Reply to
Josh

The wiring for the JDM 20 Valve is a LOT different from the 16 Valve US unit! The biggest difference is the MAP sensor. The JDM unit uses, I believe an AFM and is wired entirely different. You also need the computer from the host unit for the engine to function properly.

The GOOD news is, when you get the thing wired up properly, you'll have

185 Horses right out of the box before any modifications.

You may have to somehow come up with a harness from a JDM MR2.

Two places to look: Toysport.com (Founded by a guy named Urbano; his brother JDM'd an '86 "86", and may have some answers for you (BTW, Brian works for TRD in Long Beach; try calling and asking for Brian Urbano; he's a wealth of info!)

The other place to look is Club4AG.com. They have a load of info for the

4AG and its variants.

Good Luck. Let us know how you make out...

Reply to
hachiroku