My first Prius rage

i> : with their choice of automobile. That would certainly go a long

Well something about them threatens you.

I only pointed that out because you somehow think they are fools.

I'm not defending them so much as I'm flaming an idiot who is threatened by them.

And one who has been brainwashed to hate anybody who gives a rats ass about the environment.

Or stupid enough to buy a Diesel Mercedes in order to make me feel better about myself.

But not smart enough to know what a rhetorical question is.

You have no clue as to what your talking about, new batteries are $2-3000 and with a 10 year 150,000 mile warrantee, plus Toyota is claiming that the batteries should last the life of the car.

Of course you have no idea as to what you are talking about.

I'm sure that would happen. WAI

Even with good resale value, a Mercedes has a very high cost of ownership. Do you even know what the cost of ownership is for a Prius?

Provide a link please, and not from the petroleum companies. I can easily find many that say it would have little effect.

Nothing that exciting. One of those curises from seattle to Skagway(sp?) and back.

I don't find that strange at all. What I do find is that you have a very self centered and uncaring view of the world. If it doesn't affect you, then the hell with it.

I really don't believe it will "destroy" the region either, but I sure its not as clean as the oil companies say and not as damaging as the environmentalist say, that's just my gut feeling. If I was convinced it would benefit anybody other than the oil companies, I wouldn't oppose it.

Interesting reasoning, but not quite right. Oil companies make more profit from selling their own oil than buying it.

Just the opposite. It's obvious you are just spouting the talk show line. Any independent thought and you'd have your own, different, opinion.

A party based on lies and corruption can't stay in power too long.

Reply to
ToMh

The Browning was kind of weenie. I recommend a Colt or Winchester for better stopping power.

Peace out - ER

Reply to
I.P.Freely

Sorry...I weas having a bad day at work...

No, you're NOT an asshole for wanting to get around him; I got in that situation myself twice today on the way home from work. One slowpoke gets off and a block later another one gets in front of me.

What're you going to do? I crank the radio up. I was in a hurry, I wanted to get to the bank. First chance I had I blew his doors off! But I didn't run up on his bumper or anything, like I have seen plenty do. Shoot, I'll be doing 10 OVER and get Mario's trying to push me faster! I turn up the radio or pull over and have a smoke. The bank'll be open tomorrow. And I leave for work early enough to fix that wind deflector on that cute girl's Camry! (with time to spare!)

Now, here's a different scenario: Grandpa squeals the tires and screams out in front of you, and THEN goes 20 MPH! That's enough to make a Saint swear!

Democrat? DEMOCRAT?!?! Stick around, and I'll show you your 'Democrat'! DEMOCRAT?!?!?!?!

What're you going to do about it? Unless a cop pulls him over for going too slow (yeah, right!) there ain't much you can do...except yell "THAT'S WHAT THE BUS IS FOR!!!!" when you get the chance. Good luck.

Exactly. That's the point exactly. You want Grandpa to crash through the window of the 7-11?

Better you go a little slower than you push someone into an accident. That may be what the bus is for, but Grandpa ain't getting on it anytime soon.

Until he goes through the window of the 7-11 and they yank his license.

DEMOCRAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

We'd all like that, Geoff. But what are you going to do? Lock them up and take away their birthday? Don't work that way.

Look, I get pissed at slowpokes, too, but I get even more pissed when some idiot tries to force me faster than I want to go.

I wonder what ever happened to THAT idiot after I put that heavy plastic cup through his radiator?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't gvet the "pissing off Liberals". How does that do it? Or do you mean "Pissing off the Greenies"? I could see where that could work.

DEMOCRAT?!?!?!?!

LOL! I must be the ONLY Conservative in the Northampton, Mass area. This town makes San Francisco look like the hetero capital of the world. It makes Moscow look like the Capitalist capital of the world. It makes. well, you get the idea.

Every time I say Boo I get some Liberal yelling at me that I'm a racist, bigot, Evil, etc etc just for expressing even MODERATE ideals!

You wouldn't last two minutes in my world! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, hey.

If you wanna have some REAL fun, go to alt.fan.michael-moore. As one of the LIBERALS in THIS group told me, "Dude, those guys are whack!"

It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Maybe he is the Queen of Denial?

I've seen it, too. We have a 4-lane Interstate down toward Kankakee (i.e.

2 in each direction.) Speed limit is 65. Usually the left lane is going about 70-75, and the right lane is running 60-62, except when some jacka$$ going 60 is passing someone going even slower, some old geezer out for a Sunday drive. You wouldn't think you'd have traffic congestion, but let a few people pull into the left lane doing 60, and I've seen it back up for miles. And it's not necessarily the trucks. We're almost starting to need a 3d lane down as far as at least Peotone.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

I'd rather see a lady that would have a saint thinking impure thoughts. . . . But I have seen old guys pull that, too. Illinois has a law that you're not supposed to stay in the left lane unless you're actually passing someone. They have issued tickets for it, but rarely. Slower traffic is supposed to keep right on the multi-lanes here, but it seems to me on the 3 lane roads (i.e. 3 lanes each direction) that the middle lane ends up being the slow lane for some reason. I thought the left lane was the rock and roll lane, and the right lane was elevator music?

Charles of Schaumburg

PS, I wish we had workable public transit in the slubburbs. I have to drive to work every morning. A scant 3 miles. If the speed limit wasn't 45, I'd try biking it.

Reply to
n5hsr

Maybe the disiples are like their master. I consider Michael More and George Sore-A$$ pretty rabid lefties.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

-------------------------------------------------------------------- You assume too much. I was at the mercy of a slow debit transaction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Only if rude about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- When I was younger and I thought the world revolved around me. I was rude and had a chip on my shoulder. I was a legend in my own mind. I was employed in a highly competitive skilled trade. My job was me. I was pushy and inconciderate. When I asked questions it was meant to be sarcastic.

Nobody could tell me different.

----------------------------------------------------------- Take your own advice.

mark_digital

It depends on which chambering you buy your weapon in. Various models in various chamberings are offered by most manufacturers. Although the firearms industry might try to convince yoiu otherwise, a Browning HiPower in 9mm is all you really need for any road rage incident.

Reply to
Nivlem

However, if you should come to Europe, be prepared for a lot of people dawdling at green lights.

(Blessed is he that expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed)

Reply to
Bioboffin

I suspect that if the California Highway Patrol abandoned (or at least de-emphasized) its historic obsession with speeders and started ticketing drivers who block the leftmost lanes, the transformation in traffic flow here in the San Francisco Bay Area would be astounding.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Wait, wait...you live in San Fran and you're calling me a Lefty?!?!

I guess you would know...I live in the Northampton, MA area, which has been called the San Fran of the East.

But I am certainly NOT a Lefty!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Since we're making sweeping generalizations here, how about making one for Gold/Champagne Silverado drivers?

Coming home from my morning errands Saturday before noon, I was travelling on Rt 5, and old but well maintained 2 lane that runs roughly parallel to Interstate 91. I had my Supra and it was running very well, so I was doing my usual drive-everywhere-at-50MPH. I come to an intersection, and a gold Silverado (kind of an Oxy, isn't it?) just pulls out and never gets above

  1. The speed limit for most of the road is 45-50.

He goes 2 freaking blocks and turns off. Oh Boy! Back to 50-55, and another

1/4 mile, ANOTHER! gold Silverado does the SAME FREAKING THING!!!! Except this one I came to a clear passing zone and got by him.

Both trucks were within 2 years of each other and both driven by guys maybe

8 years older than I am with hats.

So, I guess this kind of behaviour isn't limited to "Prious" drivers, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't recall anyone claiming that it was.

Saying that a certain type of behavior is *characteristic* of a group isn't the same thing as saying that it's *unique* to that group.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

"Called," past tense.

What does my living in the San Francisco area have to do with the price of tea in China?

Ahh, Lezzieville! I was there several years ago, as a hamster of fact. Didn't meet any Smithies, though.

Well, you must've said *something* to make me think otherwise, 'cuz I don't make that accusation lightly.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Average age is 39 Average income is 75 grand

I don't report my family income on warrantee cards so the latter may be off by a few dollars :)

Reply to
mark digital©

Not all of it.

I know how much that upsets you.

Reply to
ToMh

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:05:05 GMT, against all advice, something compelled Moonbat , to say:

It's ok. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, or political bias. I'm not sure what sort of disability Hachi/Vash is, but you are welcome to participate in spite of it.

Reply to
Steve Daniels