New Fed Chairman drove a Sienna!

Bernanke sold the Toyota after becoming chairman and given a chauffeur. Now I know the Federal Reserve is in good hands and chaired by a smart cookie.

Reply to
Built_Well

Woulda been worried if he had bought a Caravan. Nice to see this guy thinks things through.

Reply to
Built_Well

Wanna bet the Dimocrats will think differently of a Bush appointee?

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I almost always vote Democratic, and I like Bernanke, even though he's a Republican.

When not voting Demo, I usually go for the Green Party and/or Nader. Don't think I've ever voted Repub, though I would if faced with a Democrat from oil-rich Texas or Oklahoma.

Kansas Repubican Bob Dole, for instance, would have been far more preferrable than say a re-incarnation of Texas Democrat Lyndon Johnson.

The only good thing you can say about Johnson is he continued Kennedy's domestic programs, but in every other respect he failed.

Johnson also was a killer. No, I'm not talking about Vietnam. I'm talking about Kennedy. I would not have believed it before hearing Barr McClellan speak on C-Span a couple years ago, but Johnson was involved in JFK's murder.

Like I said, I would have dismissed such allegations outrightly a couple years ago, but if you buy McClellan's C-Span video or read his book, you'll understand that LBJ played a crucial role in JFK's murder.

Barr McClellan is the father of Scott McClellan, who, until last week, was Bush's press secretary for several years.

Johnson is also thought to have allowed the murder of a political rival earlier on in his career, in Texas politics. Perhaps that's what they mean when they say life is cheap in Texas?

Don't get me wrong, I love Texas and think it's a great state, but Big Oil is strong down there, and corrupts the whole political process.

Barr's book is called "Blood, Money, & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K."

Reply to
TenPercent

Umm, I should have posted the previous message about L.B.J. and J.F.K. as "Built_Well" instead of "TenPercent."

TenPercent is usually the nick name I use when posting to investing newsgroups.

Built_Well and TenPercent are the same person.

Reply to
TenPercent

Built_Well = TenPercent

Reply to
Built_Well

What do you think, Mike. Where's the Fed going to stop? At 5 percent? 6?

Sure you're a Republican, but you seem to be more sensible than most Repubs.

Reply to
Built_Well