No More Cruise Control

I had the transmission replaced in my 5 speed v6 99 Solara about 3 years ago and my cruise control hasn't worked since. I'm getting around to fixing it now finally. I think it may be the fuse. Anybody know where I could find that particular fuse?

Reply to
boogywoogy

Check under the driver's side of the dashboard and under the hood.

Reply to
Ray O

On some machines the vehicle speed sensor is connected to the final drive, so if this was disconnected it may simply need putting back into place.

Reply to
DervMan

Aside from all the rest, there may be a vaccuum line that has been knocked of the speed control. Take a look there, also. This trick work if, when you turn the cruise On, there is a light that comes on, and it does indeed come on.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm pretty sure that a 1999 Solara does not have a vacuum operated cruise control - all electronic.

Reply to
Ray O

A disconnected vehicle speed sensor at the final drive would set a check engine light and make the speedometer inoperative. It is possible that it is disconnected at the cruise control ECU.

Reply to
Ray O

Well, it was worth a shot! It worked on my Celica!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Vacuum operated cruise control has kind of gone the way of vacuum operated windshield wipers.

Reply to
Ray O