Off-Topic: Kennedy has a malignant tumor!

"I always take that kind of statistic with a grain of salt. The saying "Correlation does not necessarily mean causation" comes to mind. For example: It is very possible that (statistically speaking) mothers who do not have cell phones live a more low key life-style in general and/or in a slower moving (possibly rural) culture, more stay-at-home moms, whatever, and that kids growing up in the slower-paced latch-key environment are going to have less behavioral problems. Anyway - I think my explanation makes more sense than effects of radio waves. " Bill Putney

----------------------

What exactly was your explanation ...?

Are you saying one size fits all. Because, that's not what I said.. I said ...'ONE' of the causes of .... not the cause of ALL...

There was also another recent study that said cell phone users who use their phones heavily before bed don't sleep as deeply as those who don't.

I also made reference to my research on people who shared my mom's occupation.. I didn't hear your response to that.???

"Mothers who do not have cell phones live a more low key life style" ..? Is that what you said..?

I'd say the ones who can't afford cell phones live a more hectic and disrupted life style... Its seems to me the ones who can afford cell phones live a better more settled and affluent life style than those who can't afford them. And, in my experience, if a young woman can afford a cell phone in this day and age, she's getting one...

You sound smug so I think anything I say will be, in your opinion, inferior to what you think...

How about this... Get yourself a sattleite dish and install it as close to the head of your bed as you possibly can, only talk on your cell phone every opportunity you can (especailly b4 bed) and try to do it while you're on the computer as well.

If you can swing it, move your family to a home that is very close to high tension power lines and if possible also close to a cell phone tower.. Please... It (hopefully) will limit the amount of time you have to be smug on this earth...

Reply to
Charles Pisano

"Cathy F."

, wrote:

(((Cathy)))

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Wow, that's amazing! God continue to be with her!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That is quite interesting. Cell phones piss me off a lot. I wonder what the hell we ever did without them. Personally, I've severely limited my cell phone use by using a 'pay as you go' AT&T phone. I might make one call a month.

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Do you know what the word "statistically" means? Apparently not, because I qualified what I said with that word.

You're saying that the radio waves are creating the problem. I'm saying that that is not a necessarily valid conclusion. I'm saying that lifestyles of people who tend to own them compared to those who don't may (note that word) explain the different -again - SATISTICALLY speaking. It has as much validity as your theory.

It doesn't take much imagination to figure an alternative explanation for that one out either. Do you think maybe people who are using their cell phones heavily before bed are keeping their minds keyed up with certain things - possibly troubles of the day or of the one to come, whereas people who don't have the need to be on the phone that late are maybe in a more relaxed state? Just a suggestion, with as much validity, maybe more, than yours of radio wave effects.

Why would I be required to give one. I don't have one. Your mother is a statistic of one. We cannot say whether her work was a cause or not. I'm not saying it wasn't, but there's no conclusion to be drawn one way or another.

No. You snipped the "...(statistically speaking)..." which takes it out of the "one size fits all" context you are trying to dishonestly force into what I said.

You can believe what you want. Now who's trying to stuff them all into a "one size fits all" bag?

Well bully for your experience.

I see. That from the person who said this in another thread "So, there we go. If you're into interracial dating or are black or just enjoy mixing with other cultures stay away from hillary landslide areas. You're less likely to be happy living there and you're less likely to find an intelligent converstation." But I'm the smug one, eh? You're an idiot. How's that for smug.

How clever. What are you - in junior high? Cause that's what you act like.

Bill Putney

Thanks, Natalie!

Bill Putney

Thanks Bill. Great news about your daughter. There is always hope.

Reply to
dbu

I have a lot of electronic devices around me and am in RF fields quite regularly and have been for almost 50 years. My cousin who died of brain cancer was a firefighter with a large metro fire department.

Thanks for your insight. I hope it's not true, but there could be some connection especially when in strong RF fields such as commercial broadcast transmitters or radar beams.

Reply to
dbu

whatever

Reply to
dbu

100 pullouts??? Per how many students?
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks, Natalie. This has been a rotten several months. My sister died in November - that's the overwhelming bit, my father died 5 months later - although that was a whole different scenario - he was 90, in poor health for several years, & was truly ready for death. And on the work front I have a bunch of students this year who are very difficult (although another bunch of them are easy, pleasant kids), not to mention the schedule in which there are over 100 instances of pull-outs for mandated student services per 6-day rotation schedule. The last of which makes me feel like a traffic cop instead of a teacher!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

It doesn't take much imagination to figure an alternative explanation for that one out either. Do you think maybe people who are using their cell phones heavily before bed are keeping their minds keyed up with certain things - possibly troubles of the day or of the one to come, whereas people who don't have the need to be on the phone that late are maybe in a more relaxed state? Just a suggestion, with as much validity, maybe more, than yours of radio wave effects.

----------------------

So what you're saying bad news only travels on cell phone networks..? I guess you never thought that maybe non cell phone users are on the phone late at night as well..?? duh.. I guess the noncell users only get good news that doesn't trouble them..? And noncell phone users don't go online late at night with troubling issues..?

Bottom line is you're an idiot who probably voted for sexist, race baiting hillary...

Further I did the research of my mom's occupation after her death... as I previouslty stated, seamstresses have a higher incidence of brain cancer than that normal population, and not just by a small amount..

I have a friend who is a real estate agent. He'd love to show you some homes near cell towers ...They go cheap when they are thusly oriented...Lemme guess .. It's just a coincidence that owners of residential property sell their homes for less. I'm sure you'll come up with something other than 'they know it's unhealthy to live near a cell tower'...???

I'm not going to waste any more of my time talking to an obvious moron..

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Presently 22 students, but at one point it was 24, with ~130 pull-outs. OTOH, I am the designated Resource teacher for my grade level this year (not that I teach Resource - I'm not a Special Ed. tchr., but that I have the Resource kids in my class), so my class would most likely have the most support services mandated by their IEPs. Which is a double-edged sword. They need the services, but then - when there are so many of them - the logistics involved with when to teach what in the classroom...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

I've said it before, I'll say it again - God bless teachers!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Stress level high for Cathy. You should try to remain calm for your own health, I know it's not that easy when going though tough times as you are. I've found walking, (or jogging if you are so inclined), for long distance relieves stress.

Reply to
dbu

Maybe you can look forward to this. I missed this reunion with my biology teacher (1967 & 1970, regular bio and AP bio). This teacher was worshipped. What a teacher.

JoeSpareBedroom

We need more parents like you!!! :-) In reality, most of the parents in the district in which I teach are supportive - incl. the ones of the difficult students (behavior-wise) I have this year. Thank goodness. But still, I know there are parents who work against their kids' teachers instead of with them.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Tell me about it - Stress City this year. I do take walks. And my cats help (purrr... purrr...), as does watching the birds at the feeder, watching the squirrels playing, reading fiction for R&R, etc.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F."

Oh, don't get me started on people who think their brats are "little angels."

Mine never have been, and I never pretended otherwise!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Moi non plus! Arghhh.