OT: 99 years in a row.

The Cubs don't win the World Series. Right now it looks like they're going to lose the NDLS in 3 straight!

(Middle of the 3d inning. Dbacks 2, Cubs 0)

Charles of Schaumburg. (Actually a Cardinals fan, but they're not in it this year.)

Reply to
n5hsr

I stopped watching or caring about baseball the last time they went on strike. I used to be a big hockey fan but gave up on that sport also when they went on strike a few years back.

Reply to
badgolferman

Well, I guess I was born in Chicago. So when the Cubs have a chance, I guess I secretly hope they win. But I stopped being a real baseball fan when they went on strike in '76. As Big Dan Teague says in "O Brother Where Art Thou": "It's all about the money, boys."

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Me too. Goes for baseball and football.

I used to be a big football fan (Packer fan), but not anymore. Something about it has turned me off. I can't put my finger on it, but it's just not the same game as I remember.

Reply to
dbu`

I was hoping the Packers would have kicked the Bears ass back in 64 but they didn't and I had to eat a large dinner of crow, with veggies :)

Reply to
dbu`

From the looks of it, the Packers are going to cream the Bears this weekend.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

4-1 top of 8th, it would take a miracle now to win.

Charles

Reply to
n5hsr

Now 5-1 in top of 9th.

It's amazing how the Cubs lost to Dbacks 3 straight. I'd almost bet there's some betting going on.

Charles

Reply to
n5hsr

The fat lady's singing, "Wait Till Next Year." 5-1 Dbacks, and they win in

3 straight. The Cubs season is OVER. For the 99th time, they didn't win the world series. They didn't even come close!

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

anyone can have a bad century...