OT - A Blast From the Past

These clueless cheerleaders for the war really should take this page down... check the 5th paragraph. "12 to 18 months..." It is to laugh.

And the 6th paragraph... refugees... that trend is up. Not good and it threatens to tear Joran apart. I didn't bother to check the other indicators - others might, if they are into self-flagellation - these were bad enough for me.

Reply to
dh

Oh my....

But, to be fair, even people who've been hiding their meds under their tongues until the orderly leaves should have the right to make a web page.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Makes you wonder why all the koolaid drinkers aren't packing up their families and moving over there!

BTW, what's an "orderly"? ;-)

Reply to
Truckdude

A word occasionally used to describe big, burly guys who "manage" psychotic patients in order to get them to take their meds. I suppose they like to be called nurses now.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That would be an incorrect supposition since orderlies by definition were used to perform non-medical tasks. The term is now "Certified Nursing Assistant" and it applies to both men and women. Then again, when I took our cat to the vet the receptionist told me the "nurse" would see me shortly. It is actually against the law, here in California, for anyone other than an RN or LVN to use the title "nurse." Anyway, I was just ribbing you because "orderly" is such an outdated term, hence the winking emoticon.

Truckdude, RN

Reply to
Truckdude

I was cursed with the ability to read as early as 1957, according to my parents. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom