{OT} airline owner -->joke<--

On a recent CO flight, CEO Gordon Bethune had pre-boarded the aircraft and was sitting on the flight deck chatting with the Captain and First Officer. He left the flight deck just before pushback to take his assigned First Class seat.

A OnePass Platinum Elite member boarded just before the flight pushed, and was furious that he had not been upgraded. Seeing several First Class seats open, he began to argue with the flight attendant over why he had not been upgraded. The flight attendant said she would get a gate agent to look into the matter, but the Elite member began swearing at her profusely.

Gordon was on his way back from the cockpit when this occurred, and intervened, asking, "Can I help somehow?"

The passenger said, "Huh? Who the f*ck are you?"

"I'm the CEO of this company," Gordon replied. "May I see your ticket, sir?"

The passenger gave his ticket to Gordon, who saw a total fare of just under six hundred dollars. He then pulled out his billfold and peeled off six $100 bills, placing them in the man's hand.

And then he tore the ticket up. "Now," Gordon said, "you get the f*ck off my airplane!"

The flight attendant could barely contain herself.

Reply to
badgolferman

False. Plausible considering public statements on record made by Mr. Bethune (see below), Laudible and perfectly justifiable if it happened, but still False. If for no other reason than the CEO isn't going to admit to dropping F-Bombs lightly in public.

Though I'd be cheering him on if I was there and it really happened

- I'd probably have long ago hit the "Record" button on my iPaq in an effort to cover the butts of the flight crew.

Because people who go off at the employees like that might try to sue over the consequences of their actions. (Like being arrested for interfering with a flight crew, or worse.) And of course, when they get into the courtroom they'll testify that "I was perfectly calm and polite, and the Flight Attendant was a raving lunatic..."

Having it all recorded shuts that argument down Right Now.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Well, at least I did preface the story with a -->joke

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman