{OT:} Are you getting concerned yet with McCain's lobbyist menagerie?

OFF TOPIC !

However, while you are bashing, Google CAIR, one of the largest lobby orgs in Washington. Guess who they are lobbying and why!

Looks like mr. McNasty's lobbyist talk is just that. The next to go, > Phil Graham, a foreign agent who engineered the mortgage debacle > bailout of banks but not consumers for UBS is still a UBS, Swiss Bank, > lobbyist. > > Mt. McNasty is full of sh*t.
Reply to
Graybeard

In message news:483d6fe4$0$31737$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com, "Graybeard" burned some brain cells writing:

Who said this:

"If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us. If we're a humble nation, but strong, they'll welcome us".

Reply to
Klark Kent

In message news:175abd4f-2af7-4a3b-983f- snipped-for-privacy@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" burned some brain cells writing:

Are Willie Jefferson, Jim Black, Meg Scott Phipps, Kevin Geddings, etc. Republicans? News to me.

Reply to
Klark Kent

A lobbyist is someone who argues a particular point of view before Congress or the President. For example, on the issue of global warming, there are lobbyists who argue that it is not a big problem, there are lobbyists who argue for nuclear energy (which does not produce much green house gases), and there are lobbyists in the environmental movement who argue for a reduction in energy consumption.

It is ridiculous to suggest that legislators or the President would vote on legislation without hearing all sides of an issue. The only effective way to do that in most cases is to let the lobbyists state their case. A Congressman or President with an open mind who is willing to listen to all sides will always agree with a least one of the lobbyist on an issue. It is a witch hunt to claim there is something inherently sinister about that.

Reply to
Mark A

It's ridiculous to be so naive about politicians.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly