OT - Consumer Reports has its own recall

Safety seat tests were flawed:

Apparently their tests simulated a 70 mph side crash instead of 38 mph as intended. Amazing that any of the seats passed.

Reply to
Art

Just what I was thinking...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Aren't you guys a little big for child seats?

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O"...

Jeff Strickland wrote:

LOL Nice Guy Ray snarked!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You're never too old to embrace your inner child!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Yeah, for sure!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Mistakes! Retractions! Anyone for Humble pie? I certainly am.

Reply to
mark digital©

Shoot...I strap my inner child in every time I buckle the belt in the Scion!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Ooooohh--kayyyy.... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Feel free to buy one of the seats that will "pass" after the test speed is halved....

Reply to
Truckdude

Betcha the makers of the seats that passed CR's test aren't crying to the NHTSA!

Reply to
Truckdude

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

One of the nice benefits of working for Toyota was that they gave employees a baby seat when a baby was born or adopted. Just let the HR dept know about 2 months in advance, and it would show up at the office about a month before the due date. With multiple kids, we ended up with multiple car seats so we didn't have to transfer from car to car.

Reply to
Ray O

It was a pretty good set-up, wasn't it? Have to watch that from now on... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

"Ray O"

Feh, this place rubs off on folks one way or another.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Gotta take the shot when the target presents itself!

Reply to
Ray O