OT: Cycling

It's not the cars you need to worry about ... it's the deer ... ;-) Freak accidents happen all the time, but rarely are they caught on film. Cyclists know that they have to be extremely careful, because there is very little between them and the asphalt. What does it look like, then, when an accident can't be avoided?

Any bicyclist knows that you've got to keep your eyes peeled when you're riding on country roads. But in the case of this cyclist, it's not clear if he could have done anything to avoid what happened.

The man was cruising along when a deer leaped right in the middle of his path. The insane collision was caught on his Fly6 helmet camera.

Luckily, the man made it out of the crash with only a concussion and temporary/slight memory loss, according to his video description:

"Although I don't remember it, I landed on my back, and hit the back of my Giro helmet, which probably saved me from serious brain injury.

Although I had a mild concussion with a bit of memory loss around the event, I am very grateful to have escaped feeling only a little banged up."

No word on what happened to the deer.

Reply to
Your Name

OR

Cyclist attacks innocent deer.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That would be DOG EATING MAN, not the other way around.

Do you know why the Asians are moving to Seattle? Somebody said it rains cats and dogs.

I've had enough racially insensitive jokes for the day.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland