OT Dimocrat steps on his d*ck

POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Biden Defends Remarks Jul 07 5:40 PM US/Eastern Email this story

By LIZ SIDOTI Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

Facing criticism, potential 2008 presidential candidate Joe Biden on Friday defended his recent remark that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

The Delaware senator said his words were taken out of context.

On a recent edition of the C-SPAN series "Road to the White House," Biden is shown in New Hampshire boasting about his support among Indian-Americans.

"I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a

7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking," the senator said.

The clip made its way through cyberspace this week and caught fire in Washington, where Biden is known as one of the more long-winded senators.

Visiting troops and officials in Iraq this week, Biden was asked about the comment during an interview with CNN's "The Situation Room."

The senator said he has had an "incredibly strong" relationship with the Indian-American community in Delaware and that his comment was misinterpreted.

"I was making the point that up until now in my state, we've had a strong Indian community made up of leading scientists and researchers and engineers," Biden said. Lately, he said: "We're having middle- class people move to Delaware, take over Dunkin' Donuts, take over businesses, just like other immigrant groups have, and I was saying that ... they're growing, it's moving."

"I could have said that 40 years ago about walking into a delicatessen and saying an Italian accent in my state," Biden added.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

It's quite possible his remarks were taken out of context. Just like Trent Lott's remarks were taken out of context. The difference here is no one from the left is going make a peep about this and will look the other way because it's one of their big guys f*cking up.

Reply to
badgolferman

because biden is a windbag and a democrat it's ok to say such things. Besides everybody knows biden likes to talk out of both sides of mouth on occasion.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

Of course they were taken out of context.

The context made it worse...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Most Demoncrats do. How do you think Indians learned that "White man speak with forked tongue."?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

It seems strange that only Dem's have the ability to be "taken out of context" and its acceptable by the liberal media.

Republicans are never given the same opportunity. If they tell their wife they love her in the morning it rates a page one NYT headline about how Republicans even lie to their wife.

Ron

Reply to
ron

You will notice that while Biden, one of their Golden Boys is getting a pass on hateful comments because he's on their side...

Joe Lieberman is getting kicked to the curb. The Party is running another Democrat against him in the primary, because he is more moderate and isn't going to drink the party's Flavor-Ade every time.

No, there's no hypocrisy there, none at all...

-->--

(They didn't use Kool-Aid to cover up the taste of the Jonestown cyanide, so stop defaming them.)

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Senator Lieberman is a rare bird in the democrat party now days. I won't say nothing bad about him.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.