OT Florida Power and Light offer...

Got this offer in the mail from FPL

Now you can help promote energy independence while preserving our environment By choosing Sunshine Energy®, a renewable energy program offered by Florida Power & Light Company, you can have a positive impact on our energy future. That?s because Sunshine Energy is American-made and generated from renewable sources like wind, bioenergy and the sun.

For each month you?re enrolled in the Sunshine Energy program, FPL ensures that 1,000 kWh of electricity from cleaner sources is produced by generators in Florida and other states. Your participation in the program creates important environmental benefits in the areas where this cleaner, renewable electricity is generated.

They want me to pay MORE?

I think NOT!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

They want you to pay more for something you're already paying for!

Remember, those "green" electric companies are putting their output on the grid regardless, and have no way of knowing where it's going.

And unless FPL has a direct line to the 'green' producers, they're pulling it off the grid anyway, with no way of telling where it's coming from.

Hmmm...kinda sounds a bit like Carbon Credits, doesn't it?

Reply to
Hachiroku

They are trying to get back what they gave me when I moved in here in

1979.

They offered something like 15 bucks a month to be able to turn off my swimming pool pump, air conditioner and water heater.

I've kept that program since 79...

Now they want me to VOLUNTEER 9.95 a month for that green crap?

I think NOT!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Did they at least send some of that Kentucky jelly when they sent the letter? LMAO

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Where does it say that? You must've left something out.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes, you pay more so al gore can have his big house and airplane.

Reply to
dbu`

Noooooooooooooooooo.....

I can't imagine anyone taking them up on the offer, but there are some idiots out there.

Say 'green' and they open their pocket books.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I did leave out part. Here is the whole offer.

=================================

Now you can help promote energy independence while preserving our environment By choosing Sunshine Energy®, a renewable energy program offered by Florida Power & Light Company, you can have a positive impact on our energy future. That?s because Sunshine Energy is American-made and generated from renewable sources like wind, bioenergy and the sun.

For each month you?re enrolled in the Sunshine Energy program, FPL ensures that 1,000 kWh of electricity from cleaner sources is produced by generators in Florida and other states. Your participation in the program creates important environmental benefits in the areas where this cleaner, renewable electricity is generated.

A simple, affordable way to do your part Sunshine Energy is surprisingly affordable: for only $9.75 more a month, added to your FPL bill, you can help reduce your household?s share of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions and promote a more secure energy future. Nothing with your FPL service changes and no installation is required.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Heavy lifting, isn't it?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I have a solar power hot water heating system in my Key West home. So far my annual 'cost' is around four times as much to heat the water than the cost for gas that I formally used. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Recently on the BBC:

"It is fashionable, especially among celebrities and politicians, to be 'green'."

Yeah, that's what I thought. It's 'fashionable'.

If it weren't, the Bandwagon would be awfully empty...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Exactly what's wrong with the system? Because unless the gas was free, it's impossible for a solar heater to work so poorly in such a warm and sunny climate.

Reply to
manny

Huh? What's the breakdown of your former and present cost?

Reply to
mack