OT Ford Tri-Motor airplane, neat pix

If you enjoy fine things you'll enjoy these pictures of an old Ford Tri-Motor. There are more pictures if you click on more at the very bottom of the page.

dbu`

Thanks for the link. It looks like it has a stickshift, doesn't it? I wonder what that lever does?

Reply to
dh

I think that is the johnson bar break lever they mention in the text. They did quite a nice job of restoring this classic old bird.

Reply to
dbu`

Wow, thanks. Half a century ago, there was a gas station (Texaco as I recall) that had a TriMotor perched atop its roof as a curiosity. It was just east of Laurel Canyon Blvd on Ventura Blvd, in Studio City CA. If they'd realized it would be possibly worth millions of $$, they'd have taken better care of it. Don't know what happened to it when the station remodeled.

For many years, the children on Pelee Island in Lake Erie were ferried to the mainland of Ohio to go to school, and their ferry was a Ford Tri-motor. I wonder how many adults now recall with fondness flying to school every day.

Reply to
mack