OT: Global Cooling On The Way?

As I pointed out in a previous post, looking at tornadoes in 1896, I wonder how solar cycles fit into the chronology.

Reply to
witfal

How long have I been saying this?

Thanks for the verification, anyway. Maybe now some of AlGore's kool-aid drinkers might take a hint.

But I doubt it. Until the Holy One says it himself. And you know that will never happen...

Reply to
Hachiroku

While I certainly believe in global warming as both natural.. and possibly man influenced in this day and age... I also think that using claims of tornadoes and hurricanes as a measure is stupid at best. The average temp change has not changed enough to cause more catastrophic storms... Hurricane Katrina for instance, while massive, was a cat 3 when it hit. It just happened to hit places with older trees and older wooden shot gun homes... and what it did in New Orleans was a case of faulty levies and being undersea level.

Reply to
Mr4701

I don't drink Al Gore's coolaid... but I sure as heck believe we have a possible influence. i.e. rain forrest are crucial to our survival and yet we cut them down with out fail...

Reply to
Mr4701

Since when has IBD, Investors Business Daily, ever been a credible source of information about anything but financial matters?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I have become one to know that judging a book by its cover is pointless and especially judging a news papers content by the newspaper itself. If it were on CNN.com then would it make it anymore valid? Read it and judge for yourself if the information and citations make sense.

Reply to
Mr4701

It's been snowing in my part of New England for days now...

Reply to
Hachiroku

We're expecting a high tomorrow of -1 WC values -28 to -38, these are for daytime NOT night.

Reply to
dbu

I think that only man's arrogance causes some to believe we have that much influence.

Reply to
witfal

It's George Bush's fault.

Reply to