{OT:} Going to far!

Now, you can't smoke in the car!

Granted, this is apllying only to cars with kids in them...now...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Were living in a time where the name of the game is see who we can harass next. Instead of passing a behavior regulation I'd much rather see public announcements asking parents not to smoke around little ones. Bigger kids, I hope, can open a window. Is second hand smoke a real threat? Yes. Ask any pediatrician. If you would like a name of a well respected pediatrician I'll be happy to provide his name. Super nice guy. I've known him for over thirty years. Began as a medic during the Vietnam years.

Reply to
mark digital©

I am waiting for some lawyer to file a class action suit here in California against parents who smoke. It surely isn't good for the small kids and they've damned little choice except to live with it.

BUT

When are we going to wake up and see (I hate and never have smoked by the way) that legislating everything is idiotic.

Parents that smoke should not do it where kids can be subjected to it but are we going to have Camel or Lucky Strike police in our homes just in case?

Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron

AND, and where will this lead to, gun control, what you eat control, how you live your life control? I humor myself with these lefties complaining about the patriot act and all the time they are missing what is really going on. The left wing of the Democrat party is the real enemy. They must be let go, I mean fired. WAKE UP AMERICA!!

Reply to
dbu

If smoking is so bad.....pass a law against smoking.

oh I forgot....the money from the tax is used for all kinds of junk.

Bad idea.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

the county outlawed smoking in the jail - what an uproar.

I see DC finally got slapped about their idiotic gun law.

I usually pay pretty good attention to any of my guns that try to leave the gun-safe and go out at night. So far, none have.

My safe with key and 4 position combination will probably be outlawed as an "unsafe" safe if the loonies keep passing this gun crap.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron

This, will be one to watched IF it goes to the high court.

If it is in your home and you have taken REASONABLE safe guards to keep them (legal firearms) from childrens access then they will have a tough time to prove you are neglligent in any way or any form.

I'm not your legal representative.

Reply to
dbu

.....so the post was totally pointless.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nah...just another step towards government restrictions on personal freedoms.

The next step will be no smoking in cars at all...within 7 years of when this passes.

Reply to
Hachiroku

(Dvl.Advkt.) Will there be restrictions on convertibles?

Reply to
mark digital©

You are not "personally free" to injure children.

No connection between this idea, and protecting children from stupid parents. You agree with other laws which protect children from stupid parents. You have no reason to disagree with this "no smoking" idea.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I will reiterate that statement. Pay attention:

Nah...just ANOTHER STEP towards government restrictions on personal freedoms.

Got it this time? Good!

Nah...just ANOTHER STEP towards government restrictions on personal freedoms.

Now, knock it off.

Reply to
Hachiroku

HACHI! USE YOUR ASHTRAY!