OT - Google "failure"

Once again google proves itself to be the most reliable and accurate search engine available.

Reply to
Art

Are you referring to this article about how Google is manipulating search results to put unfavorable opinions of Republican candidates at the top of its pages?

badgolferman

According to that article, it is not Google that is manipulating the search results, it is a liberal group blogger.

At the top of the list of results when you google the word "failure" you get a link to an explanation from Google's Director of Consumer Web Products about googlebombing.

Reply to
Ray O

That says nothing of the sort.

I suggest you read the article again and ask for help with the hard parts.

Reply to
Here in Ohio

I read the article and saw what you are talking about but I also know Google's founders are admitted liberals. If they didn't approve of this they could find ways to prevent others manipulating their data.

Since Art didn't expound upon his original statement I had to make an assumption he was referring to this story. Maybe he can enlighten us later as to his intention.

Say, what are you doing in this thread anyway?

Reply to
badgolferman

That does make sense.

Sorry, lost my head ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Google takes a hands-off approach to this, just as they say in the article.

They don't shape the results according to a political agenda, liberal or conservative.

Reply to
Here in Ohio