OT: Great photo op

Here we have GWB trying to get a C-130 crew member to let him borrow a uniform and pretend to be all grown up. Again.

Maybe he'll try and land a C-130 on an aircraft carrier.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Actually, I believe that's been done, with a modified C-130.

C-130 history aside, Bush's policies are ill-considered and counter-productive.

Reply to
DH

Just an FYI, Joe:

I know you're referring to the carrier photo-op in 2003. The flight suit worn by Bush is required of anyone on a military aircraft. Bush was no more pretending to be anything other than what the President is...CIC.

Reply to
witfal

Well, he's trying to pull another stunt. I'm tellin' ya...it's coming soon. Anything to plug the cracks in the foundation....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That would be a C-17 Globemaster III, dude. Not a C-130. Unless a C-130 crew is standing in front of a C-17 for some reason, in which case you are spot on. And, you very well can land a Hercules on a carrier deck. The KC-130 marine version, anyway.

Reply to
qslim

That may be. Either fix the way it's being fought, or get the hell out.

Reply to
witfal

Counterexamples: Air Force One. Marine One.

Yep: Chickenhawk-In-Charge.

Reply to
DH

They'll worry about that when AF1 lands on a carrier.

Reply to
witfal

BTW, any fixed-wing aircraft carrying the President is designated AF1, so your example falls flat. When he landed on the carrier, that plane was AF1.

Reply to
witfal

Hey...the bridge on a carrier is ugly anyway. Shaving it off might be an improvement. More room for disc golf.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I always thought it was the prettiest part, but then I'm a techie.

Reply to
witfal

I like the bow and the anchors. I'm into anchors.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Freud might have had something to say about that.

Reply to
witfal

I'm a bass player. I drop anchors in every song, so guitarists don't wander off into the poison ivy.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The carrier I served on USS Enterprise CVAN 65 now

As the Enterprise was in 60's

Scott in Florida

No pun intended, but that pic floats my boat.

Reply to
witfal

LOL...

Do ya think there is a bit of high tech stuff there?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Just a little.

It brings back many memories of constructing unusual antenna assemblies when I was in junior and high school.

Reply to
witfal

Reminds me of the sort of Legos stuff my nephew liked. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Legos? We had Erector Sets.