OT - Hey, Joe...

...you'll find this humorous.

A few weeks back, I got a call from the NRA-ILA. I'm a lifetime member, but they still call from time-to-time asking for funds.

I agreed to contribute and yesterday received my "free" thank-you gift. It's actually a pretty heavy, well-made coffee mug I just finished using.

Guess what's stamped on the bottom?

Reply to
witfal

"Hecho en China" ?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Bingo. When I unwrapped the cup, I hoped beyond hope I wouldn't find that there. But irony wanted its turn.

I promptly fired off an e-mail to the NRA expressing my extreme disappointment in their choosing a country to make their cups wherein human rights are violated to the extreme and guns are illegal.

I'll let you know their response to my "don't call me again until you fix this" letter.

Reply to
witfal

There may not be any mug manufacturers left in this country.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It doesn't have to be U.S.-made, but at least use a free country if anything else.

The English still make good china, despite their draconian gun laws.

Reply to
witfal

Speaking of China, have you noticed something interesting?

1) We invaded Iraq because Saddam was an oppressive ruler. 2) Bush has said nothing about Tibet.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They don't count. No Saudi concerns.

Reply to
witfal

The best version of that song was by Deep Purple.

Reply to
Bill Putney

In message news:fs63l0$onf$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net, witfal burned some brain cells writing:

Washington, D.C.?

Reply to
Klark Kent

Funny guy. Read the thread. China was the subject, but...good one.

Reply to
witfal

He boldly stated that the turmoil in Tibet shouldn't interfere with the Olympics. Bush loves communists, as all of us should..

Reply to
beerspill