OT History in question

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Sorry...not accurate! I just wanted to have a little fun. Remember the Bowery Boys movies? "Look...I'm gonna regurgitate it for you one more time..."

Reply to
Hachiroku

No sense of humor, this one...

Reply to
Hachiroku

When I'm in discussions with people who don't care about this country, I have no sense of humor. You're right.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Translation: You're back pedaling as hard as you can.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Duh...where am pawn in the constitution?"

-dbu'

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I left out he was killing Kurds for sport? I left out his sons, the Ministry of Pain, was torturing men and raping women at will? I left out

1/4 of the country was getting 99% or the wealth by sucking up to their 'leader'? I left out the UN was not permitted to look in certain places during their audits of weapons? I left out Hussein was taking the "Oil for food" money and, instead of using it for food and medicine for sick and dying children, was shuffling it off to...well, they only found $25M, didn't they? Considering the amount of money missing was in the HUNDREDS of millions...

Remind me of what else I forgot. Other than the fact he was thumbing his nose at the rest of the world and ignoring UN sanctions and directives. Nah, we should have just left him alone...

You mean, like Pakistan, one of the Hot Spots in the world, with Nuke weapons? Yeah, we REALLY want to piss them off, don't we?

Read again. Libs are always flapping their gums about "Politically Correct", right? See where it says "Iraq was the politically correct choice..."

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

You forgot two things:

- Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Why would bin laden look to Iraq support? Saddam despised al Qaeda. And, bin laden has all the financial backing he needs from the Saudis. He still does.

- Killing Kurds for sport: Please save the bullshit humanitarian reason for invading Iraq. In Africa, various parties have been committing genocide and killing millions of people for years. We do nothing. Torture? We condone it in other situations, and I DO NOT mean extracting information to protect this country. I mean looking the other way when other countries do it. Weapons of mass destruction? The president said there were none, and he said it was not his reason for invading Iraq.

So, because Iraq was an easy target, you're OK with George W. Bush conspiring to kill over 3000 of our soldiers by sending them there because it was "politically correct". Or, because he couldn't pronounce "Afghanistan".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Where the f*ck did THAT come from? Don't care about the country? WTF do you think 9/11 was? A joke? What would your reaction have been 12/07/1941? We aren't sure it was these Japanese? It was those Japanese on SHIPS! They don't represent the feelings of the people on the mainland!

That is exactly what your arguement sounds like to me. It wasn't Al Qaeda here, it was Al Qaeda there!

SO WHAT?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

My definition of American includes learning all you can about *all* history, including things that happened just 2 or 5 years ago. If you don't do that, you're committing treason because you will vote for people who will harm the country.

The year after 9/11 is now history. There are several excellent books about that period. Tell me which ones you've read.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That may go down in history as the most tortured Rightard use of "Politically Correct" ever.

Bingo. I don't think Dubya could even find Darfur on a map.

And sometimes we send them victims.

Yep. They're OK with that. Doesn't matter how counter-productive our foreign policy is, the Rightards get their rocks off on killin' and they're not particular about who.

Reply to
dh

Why the hell should I read what someone else wants me to think? Especially since I'm right here, right now? Most of the books out now are just people feeling they have to 'apologize' for the US. We don't have to apologize for anything. If anything, we are owed an apology, and should have the perpetraters handed to us for prosecution. I don't need some liberal Crackpot writing what he thinks in order to form my opinions, I don't need Limbaugh, and I don't need Carr. I listen to BBC, NPR, the Sunday Talking heads shows, etc. I am quite capable of forming my own opinion.

And that goes for Ann Coulter, too! so there.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Then why, in your opinion, did we fail to close the deal in Afghanistan when we had the opportunity to cap OBL, eradicate a truly hostile entity in the Taliban, while impressing the rest of the world with our efficiency and lethality in doing the deed? Why, in your opinion, was it a better idea to leave a job half done to go to Iraq and mire ourselves in two wars, neither of which is finished? Why, in your opinion, is it a good idea to consider beginning a third war with two going on with out a clear and favorable conclusion to either in sight as yet?

Reply to
tak

WOW! Think of it! Iran..right in the middle. The Middle East will be sown up! Yeah, I can see it now!

Reply to
Hachiroku

In all honesty, I was glad when they went into Iraq, and realized it was for the reasons I mentioned.

Should we still be there? I'm having doubts. Hussein is out, the new government is in, maybe it's time to go. The other side? Go in and LEVEL the place! Get it over with, and make sure like Germany they will think twice about rising against us again! And, let's NOT make it another Vietnam. Get it done, or get out!

LOL! Thanks, I think!

I thought he should have been taken out. Yes, it was done quite well. Went in, got the job done and got out. But I can't help but thinking what would have happened if we removed him then.

I really am on the fence. We had to do something, Hussein was a tyrant with sympathies for Al Qaeda and it was a target of opportunity.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You're kidding, right?

Same as Jordan. The people don't side with us, but the Government does. We need all the allies we can get right now. No good pissing them off.

It's a game of Chess and Diplomacy (ever played that?) all rolled into one. You need the skill of a chessmaster, with the delicacy of a Diplomacy player. It's a fine line, and right now the US is walking it like a tightrope walker.

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Iran won't be the only country "right in the middle" if we don't finish anything before the CIC runs to the next "great conquest" and the next and the next. Who knows, maybe Boy George has it in his head that if he has enough fires going, he can pull off Rudy G's idea terms of office from 9/11 and just declare himself president for the duration of hostilities. With his knack for finishing things he starts that would be like president for life.

Reply to
tak

Hey....the constitution was suspended during hurricane Katrina, at the request of a dumb f*ck mayor. No reason it can't be suspended by a dumb f*ck president.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I didn't ask for political information. I asked a question about YOU. What's it like to purposely live in a fantasy world? You said earlier that you don't "need books".

Got kids? Have you passed that hideous idea on to them, too?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

ROFLMAO....I think we all KNOW.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Except the vast majority of Dims in Congress....

Reply to
Scott in Florida