OT History in question

It doesn't matter if bin Laden is alive or not. Al Qaeda is gaining in strength again because your president picked the wrong country to invade.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The president of Iran has little legal authority, and the real power lies with the Supreme Leader and Council of Experts, who have been much more willing to negotiate with the US (probably only for Iran's own interests) and have been trying to communicate with us since at least 2003.

================================

People who read grownup news sources may have noticed that Rice is about to participate in what the spin factory is calling "a meeting of neighbors", meaning Iran and Syria. Bush will not understand why this is happening, but he doesn't matter any more. The words "meeting of neighbors" were chosen to give him something he can remember easily, in case reporters ask him what's going on.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, you're finally admitting that your world view comes from a video game. Good.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It makes perfect sense. Some people are sexually aroused by odd things. Your president's sitters know this, so they make him use phrases like "Bring 'em on!" - the same type of language popular in commercials shown during football games. That appeals to over-the-hill fat grunting slobs. Up another level, you've got people like rapists, who think violence is the most direct route to pleasure. We usually put people like that in prison, but sometimes, we miss one of these lunatics and they end up running the defense department. Rumsfeld is an example. You're in this spectrum somewhere.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I see joesmallbottom has his cynical spin machine going, again, or never stopped jsb?

Were you born with a silver spoon in your mouth jsb?

Reply to
dbu,

Silver spoon? What do you mean?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

born to a rich family like Al Gore.

Reply to
dbu,

Look above, at the paragraph beginning with "People who read grownup....". Now, show a connection between the contents of that paragraph and your silver spoon theory.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That doesn't answer my question to you. Are you ducking again joeboy?

Reply to
dbu,

Your question makes no sense. First, I need to understand your question, and then I can answer it. Are you saying that only people from rich families read news sources written for adults? Or, are you insulting lower-income people by suggesting that they're not educated enough to understand complex news stories?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And if we didn't we could have put all our resources into two things, neither of which we have completed successfully:

Hunting down bin Laden and trying him as a criminal. Rebuilding Afghanistan into the model democracy that we think other Middle Eastern countries should be.

And we could also: Continued the worldwide hunt for terrorists WITH the full cooperation of other governmnents. Not wasted a shitload of money on something counterproductive.

We always suspected you viewed it as a game. That attitude really supports the troops.

Reply to
dh

Oh? Were you there?

You remind me of the joke about the drunk who's lost his keys...

A drunk is wandering around a light pole staring at the ground. A cop stops by him and says, "What are you doing?" "Looking for my house keys," the drunk replies. The copy glances towards the ground and asks, "Just where were you standing when you lost them?" The drunk points to the other end of the block, "Over there." The cop says, "Then why aren't you looking over there?" "'Cause the light's better here."

So, why not invade Bangladesh? Or Indonesia? Or Morocco (it's much closer and has nicer beaches)? They had just as much - quite possibly MORE - to do with Al-Qaeda as Iraq.

Reply to
dh

I'm asking if you were born to a rich family?

Reply to
dbu,

I need to know the theory behind the connection between your question, and what I typed before you asked the question. No theory, and you get nothing more. If you can't explain the connection, it means there isn't one, and there's no point in answering the question.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You duck good. CUL.

Reply to
dbu,

I duck? Here's the truth again, just for you. Everything in this following paragraph is FACTUAL. You want to divert attention elsewhere with more of your incessantly stupid question.

"People who read grownup news sources may have noticed that Rice is about to participate in what the spin factory is calling "a meeting of neighbors", meaning Iran and Syria. Bush will not understand why this is happening, but he doesn't matter any more. The words "meeting of neighbors" were chosen to give him something he can remember easily, in case reporters ask him what's going on."

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Truth?

ROFLMAO

You truly are a 'legend in your own mind'......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Nope. All factual. Bush has been marginalized. Two weeks ago, he was asked whether we should meet with the Iranians and discuss the mess in Iraq. He said "Why bother? I'm all for talking if I think it'll work, but I don't think it will". Now, his people are doing exactly that.

Obviously, he is no longer running the government.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Did Scott see any answer? Neither did I, LOL. Good old joe.

Reply to
dbu,

Sorry for Dbu, You need to catch-up and slowdown those magic fingers of yours.

Reply to
tak