(OT:) How frigging LOW can you get?!

I had a good weekend...my new band had our first two gigs, Saturday was a Barbecue. Now, ask me what I want for dinner and I'll say MEAT, with MEAT for a vegetable and MEAT for desert. ALL they had was MEAT! I don't want to see meat for a week.

Then, on Sunday, we played a benefit for a 4 month old girl that has Leukemia. Sad story. So the family was trying to raise some money for the travel it's going to take to get the kid to where she can get treatment.

About 1/3 of the way through, I noticed about 1/3 of the people had left. I didn't think we sucked *THAT* badly!

When the grandfather came back, he told us what had happened. While tha family was out trying to raise money to get the kid treatment, someone was helping themselves to the family's home. The door was broken in, the place ransacked, and the family at that time didn't yet know what was missing.

My cousin who is on the town committe said that there have been a lot of break-ins, esp, of all things, when the time of a funeral had been printed in the paper.

Yeah, that's pretty frigging low...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Wow. Some people deserve a nice shove down a flight of stairs, I think. A lot of people, actually. My little brother had Leukemia in the mid 90's, and at one point we were trying to come up with the buckets of cash it costs to go through the bone marrow transplant process, including finding a donor, etc... Well, our mother got this thing organized in our hometown of putting donation jars on countertops of some local businesses, and after several newspapers picked up on it, it actually became quite lucrative and everyone around was pitching in. Then, the jars started vanishing one by one. Someone got wind of how popular this little charity drive was, and they were swiping everyones donations. Until, that is, one squirrelly business owner took it upon himself to chase one of the thieves down the street and crack him in the back with a baseball bat! That was the feel good story of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

Reply to
qslim

Someone hopefully handed that store owner a cigar.

Reply to
dbu.,

That's pretty bad Hachi, but read this one. Equally as low.

JACKSON, Michigan ? A woman pretended to have liver cancer and took in about $20,000 from fund-raisers to pay for fictitious treatments, authorities say.

Jackson County prosecutors charged the 36-year-old woman on Tuesday after state police said they found no evidence she was being treated for the disease.

?She duped a lot of people,? state police Sgt. Lisa Gee-Cram told the Jackson Citizen Patriot.

Jean Anne Allen of Jackson County?s Norvell Township faces up to five years in prison if convicted of fraud. She was arraigned Thursday before District Judge James Justin, who freed her on a $10,000 personal bond and scheduled a preliminary examination for May 8.

A message seeking comment was left Friday for defense lawyer Kenneth Hotchkiss.

She said that half her liver had been removed years earlier but the disease recurred.

?This time it?s just even worse,? Allen told the newspaper in 2006. ?It?s just something I do not want to go through again. I just don?t want to deal with it. And the doctor says the more occurrences I have, the more chances of recurrence.?

Friends and co-workers at Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Jackson held a spaghetti-supper fundraiser last year at Napoleon High School. Allen said she needed the money to help with the cost of chemotherapy.

Reply to
user

Damn straight! Stealing stuff like that can never be justified.

Reply to
sharx35

If the ACLU or various LIEbrawls/DEMONrats got hold of that, the store owner AND the family supplying the jars would probably have been charged and sued.

Reply to
sharx35

Who is Tom Snyder? I saw the quote on a Salada tea bag.

Reply to
mark digital©

A good guy, an ex-cheesehead and late night TV talk show host, followed Johnny Carson. He died yesterday.

I'm sad to see him pass on.

Reply to
dbu.,

That's pretty bad, stealing from sick little kids. Glad the theif got something in return. Did they ever string him up by his cajones?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Tom Snyder died?! Didn't here it...

"...uh...huh..there, I said it..."

Guy was funny, but a good guy.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Although a lot of people think Sharx here is cynical and abrasive at times, he is probably 100% correct.

However, if he were taking into custody, and brought by the Sheriff's dep't to the preliminary hearings, it wouldn't surprise me if he lost his balance in the shackles and kept hitting his head against the side of the cruiser... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

You mean who WAS Tom Snyder, he just died LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Man, I used to think that Sharx was a total asshole. A year later, I know for a fact that he is. Yet, all of his posts give me a solid chuckle.

Reply to
qslim

It's a tough job, but SOMEONE has to do it.

Reply to
witfal