{OT:} How long before I'm an Outlaw?

Wow. the advertising for insurance plans is getting hot and heavy here in Mass. What a grat law! Mandating that everyone have health care, without providing any options!

This was a bill for Health Care, alright...for the Health Care companies, that is...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, who did you think would benefit from it? Gas stations? Pet groomers?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But Hach, Mass is a DEMOCRATIC (blue) State. How can there be any cost to any body? All Dems know that the government can provide everything at no cost.

No options huh? Does that mean I can get a new heart etc.? What is the preliminary cost? My Fed Emp plan for self/wife total cost (mine and Uncle's) before deductibles and co-pays is just under $1000 per month

Ah well, we get what we let get elected.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron

And to top it off, since I turned 50 this year, I went to AARP to see if they had anything available.

"There are no health care plans available in your area."

OH BOY! The state mandates Health Care and then cuts out certain insurers. Why didn't I think this was going to be a boondoggle?!?!

Mass has a funny relationship with insurance companies. Those unwilling to write Auto insurance policies are banned from writing ANY policies, so a lot of companies are OUT. This leaves mostly Mass-based Ins companies, like John Hancock, MassMutual and Blue Cross. While these are all very nice plans, they are EXPENSIVE!!!

Good going, Mitt!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

In message news:RCAJh.8812$t8.3532@trndny02, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= sprach forth the following:

Yeah, Hillarycare would have been MUCH better.

Here's an idea: Live healthy; go to the doctor when you need to, and pay him.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

I'm sorry to have to say this but... as long as you are out of work any plan will be expensive. I'm not trying to make light of your circumstances. Even continuing to give your kids allowances can hurt. This whole thing started off with good intentions and quickly went sour. You weren't the only one confused by Mitt's smile as if things had gone as he expected it would. As far as I'm concerned, throw out that stupid deadline and get to work on tort reform first.

Reply to
mark digital©

That was passed by a Republican.

I guess it was so Mitt can say, when he's running for Pres, "Everyone in Mass has Healthcare."

Sure, that's great. What if you can't afford it? You can apply for Mass Health. It is provided by the state through Blue Cross Blue Shield (!). Having been unemployed for up to a year in the past, I have NEVER qualified for it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

In message news:L5FJh.15633$d8.873@trndny07, =?iso-2022- jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= sprach forth the following:

Mass. is a dictatorship? When was the legislature dissolved?

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Anyone with any sense knows Mitt is a RINO. As a Mormon he thinks everyone should be able to take care of himself regardless of the circumstances. Also, if you're a Mormon don't even think of missing a tithe check. They'll come knockin' at your door! Think a Mormon is going to care how you pay for health insurance?!! Get a life and check out this cult. You'll be shocked at what they practice/believe.

Reply to
Ernesto

Get a life and what? No thanks...I think in this case, ignorance really is bliss.

And as I've said before, it seems more like heathcare for the insurance providers.

Who the hell ever passed such a friggin' dumb law?

Reply to
Hachiroku

In message news:bQ2Kh.5735$Hb6.3513@trndny03, =?iso-2022- jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= sprach forth the following:

IFYPFY