OT: Japan reverting to fascism?

Look at what Japan's prime minister, Shinjai W. Abe did recently::

"CALCUTTA, Aug. 23 (Agence France-Presse) - Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan voiced admiration on Thursday for two Indians who stood up to Britain, the country's colonial ruler, during World War II and sided with Japan.

"Mr. Abe came here to meet relatives of the two, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, a nationalist leader who advocated armed resistance to the British, and..."

"During World War II, Mr. Bose escaped his British watchers, sought help from Nazi Germany and later went to Tokyo. In Tokyo, he organized the Indian National Army, which fought beside Japanese forces against the allies in northeast India, and Burma."

This is the first time a post-WWII Japanese prime minister has so openly praised anyone who sided with the fascists, and Abe is not only highly sympathetic toward fascists but is stupid enough to start a George W. Bush-like disaster in the Far East.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam [Hussein], which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East.

George Bush to Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Abu Mazen when they met in Aqaba.

Reply to
F.H.

Fine, we ALREADY know that you love terrorists, barbarians, Al Qaeda and the Taliban. So, why don't you just GO OVER there and join them, instead of just sending them money every month.

Reply to
sharx35

better yet, I think we should kick their illegal alien asses out of here.

Reply to
dbu`

Something is missing from your analysis of his comments. Clue: It involves the history of the British in India.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Know?" You don't "know" shit from parched corn let alone what *I* love. Keep barking little Chihuahua so safe behind your fence. Now where did I put that link to your famous posts about children? I'll be back. ;)

Reply to
F.H.

I know about the Indian rebellion against British rule, but for a Japanese prime minister to go to India and praise an Indian who fought on the side of the fascists during WWII is like a German chancellor going to France and praising the Vichy French.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

zzzzzzzz........

Half of his comment was reasonable, and the other half was dumb. It's a non-event.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not at the time. But he was arrested on the spot. Depending on what media source you deem reliable, he was either executed in front of a firing squad several weeks later, or is now living happily in Taiwan.

You pick the likely scenario.

Reply to
witfal

I'm sure that if he didn't get away he was executed. However sharx35 claimed there's a picture of a Chinese tank mowing down a protestor, but apparently nobody else has seen it, and he hasn't provided any proof it exists.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

There were reports of people being mowed down by tanks, and I'm sure it happened, but it did not involve the man in the famous photo.

Reply to
witfal

Or, another possibility: Every single journalist and all human rights organizations are lying about China. Let's get drunk and come up with cockamamie ideas as to why everyone lies about China.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Your post appears to originate from Denmark.

Reply to
witfal