OT: JoeSpareBedroom in hospital...

with missing testicle...

KOKOMO, Ind. â?" Oh, shoot!

A man accidentally shot himself in the groin as he was robbing a convenience store Tuesday, police said.

A clerk told police a man carrying a semiautomatic handgun entered the Village Pantry demanding cash and a pack of cigarettes. The clerk put the cash in a bag and as she turned to get the cigarettes, she heard the gun discharge.

Police say surveillance video shows the man shooting himself as he placed the gun in the waistband of his pants. The clerk wasn't injured.

A short time later, police found 25-year-old Derrick Kosch at a home with a gunshot wound to his right testicle and lower left leg.

Kosch was released from the hospital Tuesday and booked into the Howard County jail on a charge of armed robbery, criminal recklessness and battery. He is being held on a $100,000 cash bail. A jail official did not know if he had retained an attorney Wednesday.

Reply to
Mr4701

Why do you say JoeSpareBedroom? I wouldn't wish that upon him.

Reply to
badgolferman

Well, its hard to hit an ovary...

Reply to
Mr4701

Years ago I knew a guy that carried a 45 cal. most of the time. One day, while climbing out of his sports car the gun discharged and shot him right through is upper leg (femoral artery). He would have bled to death but in that we was in the hospital parking lot, he receive almost immediate attention. This was a guy determined to learn from his mistakes. When asked what he had learned from the event he said, "Now I know I'm invincible!" jor

Reply to
jor

This wasn't in Florida, was it?

Reply to