OT Kerry (the traitor) comments in 71 same as 96

Scott in Florida

Correcting the header ...Kerry's comments were in 1972 and his latest comments weren't ten years ago, they were this year.

And, editorializing, do you think the validity of his comments are under question? If you look at the casualty figures of Active Army participants in the Iraq war, I think you'll find a definite skew toward minority soldiers and those from small towns and villages where there is clearly less opportunity to gain a higher education and economic advantage. It's either join the military and gain some education benefits, or get stuck behind the grill at Hardee's, washing used cars at the local lot, or driving a forklift at the Walmart receiving dock. Meanwhile, some 40% of the participants in the war are reservists and national guard personnel who already had a civilian life going for them, now sadly interrupted and in many cases halted forever by death or severe injury, who had doubtless thought that by joining the reserve or guard, they were serving their country and could be called upon to defend it in case of all-out war or domestic disaster, and now find that they are the victims of an ill-planned, ill-considered and fraudulent aggressive war with no apparent end.

Reply to
mack

Up your ass, terrorist lover.

Reply to
sharx35

Thanks for your kind, thoughtful and generous comments to my post. I'm betting my combat boots are more worn out than yours.

Reply to
mack

"sadly interrupted"? They signed a contract to commit to a job of military work. They are paid and they accept the dangerous conditions of the job, just as a steel worker high above the ground accepts the dangers of that job. You need to go and chop some wood.

It is immaterial that they are in Iraq or in the streets of LA, they have accepted the job and they are performing without failure no thanks to you and your demmie limp wristed buddies. Go wimper in your beer or martiny. Thank God we don't have to depend on the likes of you to defend us.

Reply to
dbu,

Of course I KNOW his comments are under question...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ They signed on to defend our country against aggressors and domestic natural disasters. They didn't sign on to die for the coke fueled fantasies of the cluck in the oval office to avenge his daddy's attempted assassination. I applaud any reservist or guardsman who has the guts to refuse his assignment to Iraq, as one active army lieutenant has now done. He was willing to take an assignment to Afghanistan, by the way, but not Iraq.

Something tells me that I spent a lot more years in the Army Reserve than you did. And far from being immaterial, it's totally material that people who've been yanked out of civilian life and have died in the insane stupidity that is Iraq have had to serve in the first place. The active military is clearly way understaffed and incapable of defending this nation against aggressors, and the trip to Iraq THREE AND A HALF YEARS AGO, was truly the ultimate "bad trip". It's a good thing we are not loudly saber-rattling against Iran and North Korea at the moment, because we don't have the people to pursue such an engagement in either case. We've bitten off more than our military can accomplish against the insurgents in Iraq with their IEDs. (The IEDs, by the way, are more often than not munitions that were looted in the early days of the occupation when we ignored the fact that the Iraqis were stealing wholesale from Saddam's supply depots).

Our brave troops ...both active and reserve...are doing the very best they can against the insurgents, and I salute them. But they are clearly failing, and the country is an inch away from real civil war. I thank God that at my age I don't have to be depended on to be a grunt any more, and so should you. But if you're willing to try, why not get away from your keyboard and start battling the insurgents, and quit your 'limp wristed' attack on me. I'll keep the light on for you.

Reply to
mack

ROFLMAO

It is CLEAR you have never been in the military.

Last I checked you do as ordered...

You libs are a LOT of fun....wrong but fun to play with...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Blow it out your butt, Scott. I imagine I spent more time waiting in the chow line than you did. Ever carry a BAR or M-1 or 3.5 inch rocket launcher? .........I thought not.

Reply to
mack

then don't just sit there, make us all feel superior, say something.

Reply to
mack

Something tells me that you never served your country at all. I agree with "Our brave troops" and they are doing "the very best", I am proud of each and every one. They are not "failing". I am above the age the military would want me. I have served, a total of 16 years both active and reserve. I also am a Vietnam vet. I am a member of the American Legion and the DAV.

Reply to
dbu,

ROFLMAO....

My dick is bigger than yours...

You libs are a trip....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

"My dick is bigger than yours..."

how sad. and how sad it is that yours is eternally pointing south.

If that's the best riposte you can come up with, you'd best either get off your meds or go back on them. You're sounding like an impotent old man...and perhaps you are.

Reply to
mack

" dbu," wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news-rdr-02.rdc-kc.rr.com...

No, you'd be wrong. I'm not like Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove and the rest.

But, you shame me. I only have two years active (Infantry-Korea) and seven in the Army Reserve. I was too old to be recalled, although I was a member of the Reserve at the time of Vietnam, and I don't belong to the various veterans' organizations....mainly because I don't drink. And if you don't think our troops are failing to control the multiple insurgencies, why do you think your dear leader is changing strategy and tactics, and not "staying the course"? Do you think One Hundred and Five of our finest and bravest died in Iraq in the month of October because the insurgents were becoming weaker? Please, do not tell me that if we ''cut and run'' now, their deaths and the

2800 before them will have been in vain. This is the last refuge of a gambler, who says 'If I don't get more money out of the ATM and put it on the table, all that I've lost so far will have been in vain". There is no good outcome of this swamp that is Iraq, and whether we leave now, with 2800 dead AND over 44,000 wounded, many grievously, or whether we leave in ten years, with the casualty figures multiplied by ten or twenty, the end result will be the same. Only there will be ten years' worth of Iraqi deaths and casualties then, too. Our goal once was to neutralize Saddam and his minions, and it has morphed into spreading democracy throughout the middle east, whether they want it or not. It is now past time to cut the comedy, and cut the tragedy. In the fall of 2002, I stood on a streetcorner with like minded citizens, and displayed several anti-war placards. One said "No Vietnam II" ......and though I didn't think I was particularly prescient, that's what it's turned out to be. The war industries, those wonderful folks cranking out the armored humvees and faulty flak vests, and the contractors, those noble folks who charge 50 bucks for a load of laundry (and get it!) and all the rest of the hangers-on, will be sad when the US gets some intelligence and leaves, but many thousands of young men and women who would otherwise go to an early and unnecessary grave, will live on and hopefully prosper. Is this such a bad thing?
Reply to
mack

and you still are! vote that straight repub ticket, like your benevolent masters command you to. free speech and free thought are for the limp-wristed!

Reply to
mike