OT Leaded paint in land line phones from China prompt recall

just kidding

Reply to
mark digital©

Wow mark. Think you can go 3 for 3 by the end of the day?

Reply to
qslim

"mark_digital©" wrote in news:H- Cdnfsur6dOnk3bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

So long as you don't make a habit of putting your hands in your mouth after using the phone, leaded paint is perfectly safe.

In fact, leaded paint is still widely used in North America in instances where accidental human consumption is not a problem.

Reply to
Tegger

How about Adult Sex Toys recalled?

Reply to
mark digital©

With China you don't need to make up anything. Here's a company that was repackaging dirty, used chopsticks and selling them.

Fartus Ignitus

First link doesn't work.

Fartus Ignitus

First link doesn't work.

mark digital©

A good conservative you are.

I wish we could afford to eat out. In this neck of the woods we pay almost more in taxes than for the food. So we don't eat out, besides most of the crap they serve is microwaved to keep it warmed up. I do better on my grill. We had Alaska sockeye salmon on the grill ($8.99/lb) last night. It was far better than anything in the local resturants and about five times cheaper.

Cheers

Reply to
dbu`

Define "almost".

So we don't eat out, besides

No good restaurants in your area?

is microwaved to keep it warmed up. I do

Eating out at ethnic restaurants - Greek, Indian, Lebanese, Mexican - isn't pricey.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Very true, but I'd rather eat Sockeye salmon than kibbe naye.

Reply to
witfal

Give me kibbe (but only the cooked kind!), hummus, shish, labni, curry, an enchilada, etc. over fish any day. Unfortunately I don't like most fish or seafood. I'll eat smoked salmon/lox, but any other way... no thanks!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If memory serves, the affix "naye" indicates raw. Without it, kibbe means the cooked variety.

Mexican food is best here in California or Texas. We're spoiled for sure.

But next to a filet mignon, seafood is my favorite. There isn't much from the ocean that I won't eat, raw or cooked.

Reply to
witfal

Right - AFAIK, & I won't even try the raw variety, but like regular (cooked) kibbe. With laban - or labni. And tabboule. ;-)

You're prob. right. Someone I know who's moved to NM from the NE says a pronounced (pleasant) difference. But never having never eaten the honest-to-goodness stuff, I like the NE version of Mexican fine.

Yum. If medium-rare.

seafood is my favorite. There isn't much

I really wish I did... Healthy, & certainly would open up a lot of menus, re: choices. On many menus, if one blips out the fish/seafood offerings, there's not a whole lot left to choose from.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Mmmmm. Tabboule.

Reply to
witfal

Having never watched the Simpsons, I am... lost. Special joke, or Homer is simply known as liking tabboule?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I'm not a big fan, but he always prefaces his like of anything edible with "Mmmm", followed by superfluous salivation.

Reply to
witfal

We eat out to break up the routine. I probably spend no more than $15 on either a pizza or some Chinese food. And I like the leftovers. Who doesn't?

Reply to
mark digital©

Oh, okay; thanks.

Cathy