2004 Celica

Anyone know anything about the clutch

Reply to
cricket610

When you get in the car, you press the clutch pedal down and start the engine. Then, you release it slowly in first gear while holding down the accelerator to start moving.

Is this is not what you wanted to learn, perhaps you should provide more details about that which you want to learn.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I'm sorry I did not post a clear message. I'm having clutch trouble. When I release the clutch while it is in gear it doesn't move.

Reply to
cricket610

"cricket610" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

WHAT "doesn't move"? The clutch or the car?

With the engine running and the clutch pedal on the floor, can you easily and smoothly move the lever from gear to gear?

Reply to
Tegger

With the engine running and the clutch pedal on the floor, yes, I can easily and smoothly move the lever from gear to gear.

Reply to
cricket610

You probably need a new clutch. If the friction material is worn off, the vehicle will not move when it is engaged.

Reply to
Ray O

WHOA!!!!

On a *2004*?!?!?!?!

HOLY CRAP!!!!! What the hell is this person doing, one foot on the gas, one foot on the clutch, one foot on the brake?!?!

I have an '85 Corolla GTS in my backyard, 260,000 miles, ORIGINAL CLUTCH!!!

And I did NOT drive the car like an old lady!

Before that was an '80 Corolla SR-5 Coupe, 244,000 miles, ORIGINAL CLUTCH!!!

Didn't drive that like an old lady, either!

Perhaps the OP needs driving lessons?

Or, stop dropping the clutch at 6,500 RPM...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I saw a lot of sporty cars with young drivers and the clutch, tires, and brakes worn before 12,000 miles.

Reply to
Ray O