OT Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house). According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your house You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan You are Required to Educate my kids You are Required to Provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior. Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Snap! I ain't breaking into YOUR house!!!!!

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Very well put! I agree.

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

You bet your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a local cop tell me to make damned sure a home invader was dead....then call.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

If he doesn't have a gun coming into my house, I'll make sure there is one on the body when he being taken out.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

After he is dead....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I took a course in searches, seizures and firearms and good old deputy that taught it said "don't drag the body back inside, as they leak, leaving a trail".

Course in wonderful old California, I got to have the perp hold the flashlight so I can open the gunsafe before I blow his ass away - of course I wouldn't keep just one, loaded, outside the safe and break the law, that would be criminal!

Anyhow, good point Scott and exactly what most of these in Congress and all the demonstrators forget. "Its the law, stupid"

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Well Florida law now says if you 'feel' threatened you can just blast away....

That keeps you from having to pull the body into the house...LOL

I'm sure you would not break the law..

...but I'm equally sure, that I'll let you know I'm dropping by for a cup of coffee...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Just ring the doorbell anytime Scott! The law here states you must retreat and feel threatened to use deadly force. Retreat? If they are in the house, I would think I'd retreated when I got the gun. (s) {wife has one too}

Ron

Reply to
Ron

can be disguised if she wears the right hats...

[snip - a lot of rightwing fantasy]

Let's see, let's make the facts line up more with reality...

You left the door open, once they were inside, you offered them money - and not much at that, and stopped the higher allowance of the kid who was vacumming and dusting for you - to clean the house and they're only unwelcome when they inconvenience you in some way.

Now what's the point?

Reply to
dh

If one of my 'road trips' ends up close, I sure will...

Reply to
Scott in Florida