[OT] monk -->joke<--

A man joins a monastery. This monastery is the strictest around and has many rules designed to invoke strong discipline. Among these rules is that you can never speak except once every 10 years. Even then you are allowed to say only two words.

After ten years the monk is called to the abbot's office to say his two words. "Bed hard" he says. "Well, I can understand why you may say that" says the abbot. "We want our monks to be comfortable. We'll certainly look into that."

Ten more years pass by. The monk is called in again to utter his two words. "Food bad" he says. "I'm sorry the food has not been up to standards" says the abbot. "I'll personally talk to the cook and make some suggestions about changing the menu."

Another ten years pass by. The man has been there 30 years of his life now. This time when he has his moment with the abbot, he says "I quit." The abbot leans back in his chair and sighs, "This is no surprise, you've been complaining since you came here."

Reply to
badgolferman