{OT} my sentiments exactly

Saw this somewhere else. I whole-heartedly agree with the premise of the statement. I could add more to it but the message would remain the same.

Like a lot of folks in Texas, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass, doing drugs, while I work.

Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

-Gary D. Potter

Reply to
badgolferman

What's to argue with? This should have been law long ago.

Reply to
witfal

I support urine testing for all democrats and breath test before they vote.

Reply to
dbu

I see nothing wrong with this. The urine testing will pay for itself and reduct the tax burden for the rest of us. Works for me!

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

But, that would be discriminatory. The employer has the right to require you to be drug free for their good and for your safety, but if the State were to require drug tests, then, that would be discriminatory...

Reply to
Hachiroku

And expect crime to increase, since they aren't getting their drugs, they'll steal and rob to get the money...

Reply to
Hachiroku

If the state had the interest of the tax-paying citizen in mind rather than free-loafing, Escalade-driving, $100 ripped-baggy-pant-wearing, drug-dealer in mind much of society's woes would be an afterthought.

Reply to
badgolferman

And your .sig file says it all, as it applies to this nugget of truth you've posted.

The two-party system has degraded to the point where there's not a tinker's damn bit of difference.

I got a call from the RNC the other night, looking for more money since I contributed to both of Bush's elections. I gave him a nose full of discontent, particularly about the lack of border control. I also told him I was considering re-registering in another party, thanks to Bush.

Today I did it. Hint: I ain't a Dem.

Reply to
witfal

True, and the $$ saved will go to more police, public defenders, jails...

Reply to
Dave L

It is not because of President Bush that I am disgusted with the Republican Party today. It has more to do with the Congressional leadership and how they have allowed the erosion of all conservative principles in government today. Despite what you may say about any president they are not king, it is Congress which must approve spending and creation of laws.

Certainly President Bush has had his faults. He is no fiscal conservative although I will give him the benefit of the doubt since we are at war with radical Islam. But it is precisely because of his backbone in this matter that I admire him the most. My biggest dissapointment with any of his policies was the defeated immigration bill -- you know, the one with McCain's name all over it. I also didn't like the port authority thing either. It's no coincidence both efforts were thwarted by the general public's outcry. But in the larger picture I'd have to say he's done a decent job overall. Now if we can just get the treasury under control...

Reply to
badgolferman

I'll say it isn't SOLELY because of Bush. But he had the chance to do something about the borders and didn't/hasn't. Another thing that continues to royally piss me off is the incarcerated Border Patrol agents.

Gutless bunch, one and nearly all.

We are. We're just fighting it the wrong way. Billions each day, with porous borders across which had already been smuggled God knows what.

The most I can say about this is that he sticks to what he wants to do. But to do so in the face of reality isn't admirable.

IMO, his best legacy is SCOTUS. Anything else just ain't makin' it.

BTW, be careful. You'll be labelled a liberal. ;-)

Reply to
witfal

And you'll do the testing personally.

Reply to