Re: {OT} Never Saw Seinfeld

> >Never saw Seinfeld...

> > another thing we have in common...

...in addition to stupidity.

Reply to
manny

I watched it the first season and thought it was okay. I'm still surprised it did so well in the long run.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I watched that up until Ross and Rachel got together - then it jumped the shark.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Now *that* show I just couldn't hack. Watched a few bits & pieces of a few episodes, & gave up.

OTOH, Night Court, the cop show with Hal Linden (can't remember its title right now), MASH, Taxi, WKRP in Cincinnati... all were good, IMO. Oh, & I did like Frasier, although I didn't bother to watch it until it was into re-runs. And Cheers - for a while. Seinfeld - I could take or leave - usually didn't bother to watch it.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I never watched Sex & the City; but saw the movie, which worked fine as a stand-alone - & liked it considerably better than I thought I would, so sort of wish I'd seen at least some of the TV episodes. [The theater was only about half-filled, since we - a group of women - went on a night long past the opening date; there were all of 3 men in there - prob. dragged there by their wives or gfs. ;-) ]

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to see the show or the movie. Just doesn't sound like my thing.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Smartass

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You didn't understand it.

Say hello to your wife, Mulva.

Reply to
manny

It was slow in the first season, and Hoffman was just a cliche wacky neighbor at first (then he became Kramer).

Reply to
manny

Aaaaaay.

Reply to
manny

Anniston was Rachel. Ross was the Jewish guy.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

For the love of all that's holy, Hachi, please get laid.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I didn't think it would be, either (hence, never having bothered to watch even one episode of the TV show - I don't even know what network carried it!) - but went to the see the movie basically to be social when invited. So was pleasantly surprised to find I liked it.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

*sigh* probably not

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Cathy F." ...

Feh - a group of self-absorbed New Yorkers just isn't my thing.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I see you are finally agreeing with my observations now.

Reply to
badgolferman

A lot - well, most - of it was to do with their mutual friendships - supporting each other. (The materialistic bits were OTT, but sort of amusing.)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

MaceFace