OT: Peak Oil ending means No Armed Forces

I'm reading an article about peak oil production and the varying dates for petroleum too get to the point that is is too expensive to pump out the last gallons.

Everytime we have a discussion about petroleum we are always forced to talk about our cars.

The real discussion should be about the fact that there is no substitute for jet fuel for commercial AND military jets, fuel oil for non-nuclear ships, for tanks. I can imagine America without cars; we'll make due. I can't imagine America or any other first or second world country without commercial planes, military planes, ships, etc.

All this talk about alternative fuels is bogus. A substitute for diesel/jet fuel is never going to happen. We can power cars on batteries, not jet planes.

The country that can control the production of petroleum and the storage of petroleum products will have the armed forces for empire building and the domination of other countries.

This is not a secret but this is never discussed truly out in the open and indepth for national security issues, I guess.

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

Jeff

Speaking of oil and Carter how about some interesting quotes from Zbigniew Brzezinski, Carter's National Security Advisor from 1977 to 1981:

"The three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep the barbarians from coming together." (The Grand Chessboard p.40)

"The attitude of the American public toward the external projection of American power has been much more ambivalent. The public supported America's engagement in World War II largely because of the shock effect of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor." (The Grand Chessboard pp 24-5)

"The pursuit of power is not a goal that commands popular passion, except in conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public's sense of domestic well-being." (The Grand Chessboard p. 35)

"Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat." (The Grand Chessboard p. 211) {end quotes]

That crafted policy-- dating to 1997-- was echoed only three years later by the highly influential think tank, Project for a New American Century. (PNAC).

The PNAC policy paper Rebuilding America's Defense mapped out a plan for American primacy and suggested-- spinning Brzezinski's notion of a "sudden threat" causing a "shock effect" like Pearl Harbor to foster support into an idea of their own:

While the PNAC doctrine was clearly instrumental in the approach to an Iraqi war, Brzezinski's idea goes further, not simply seeking a war for profit, but to craft an entire cultural pre disposal towards world dominance led by a completely hegemonic and imperial America-- making the case for America as the "first and last truly global superpower."

"In brief, for the United States, Eurasian geostrategy involves the purposeful management of geostrategically dynamic states and the careful handling of geopolitically catalytic states, in keeping with the twin interests of America in the short-term: preservation of its unique global power and in the long-run transformation of it into increasingly institutionalized global cooperation." [end quotes]

Repeat after me: "*increasingly* *institutionalized* *global*

*cooperation*. Anyone notice any sign of that yet? Are we keeping the "tributaries pliant and protected?"
Reply to
F.H.

Earth people need to get more nuclear electric plants on line and fast. At some point in future time there will be a real shortage of oil. Then watch the fight that will ensue.

Reply to
dbu.