OT: Picking on WebTVers

Yep, thats the way it is, or at least the way it is in theory, but with modern technology it is VERY, and i do mean *very* rare to have a propogation delay long enough to affect the posting order - ive only once in the last 2 years come across posts with replies to unknown questions/views. If you want to stick to old conventions assuming asynchronicity then thats fine, and as for servers that drop the previous posts - use a better one? Maybe thats because i've always been on a high quality ISP with its own newsservers. At work I'm posting from the dreaded google as my home ISP server cant be accessed from anything other than my home line, i have the odd problem here but its hardly something to get worried about - so i miss a post or one makes no sense due to me not seeing the first bit? Its hardly something to cry about, i go back to the real world and enjoy a coffee, do some work and get on with things that really matter.

Coyoteboy

Because the reader based in Wordstar defaulted to top posting. Since I HAVE been on Usenet as long as I pretend to have been, I very clearly remember that. And a lot of readers that appeared afterwards defaulted to top posting, too.

And yes, I remember replys often appearing before the original post. But, if the message was intact, then moving to the bottom of the article would often give you a clue.

And it was a LOT worse then than now. Sometimes the OP didn't show up for a day or more.

Reply to
hachiroku