CD player into a Yaris

Has anyone fitted a CD into a Yaris, we are told only Toyota's model will fit but at £300 that's too much. Can anyone help please as to which unit if any will fit and what we need in the way of adaptor cables etc.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

yes i have just fitted a kenwood 6 changer

you need there covertion box with lead

its an easy job

Reply to
les

Hi Les, do you mean a conversion box and lead from a Toyota dealer,how much are they? Also did you have to remove the bottom of the facia where the radio tuner buttons are? Is this an easy removal job.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

I think what he is talking about is a 6-CD changer you can buy anywhere; Kenwood, Sony, Alpine etc make them. There is a controller that mounts via velcro in the cabin, and there is a converter that 'broadcasts' an FM signal from the changer. You tune the converter to an unused frequency in your area and then tune the radio to that frequency to listen to the changer.

They also come with adapters for some radios that have Bus inputs and DIN interfaces; these will plug into the more popular head units that use Bus inputs and have integrated CD changer controls, such a Sony, units for Ford are available; as far as your Yaris/Echo, you'll have to check at a good aftermarket sound shop, or try online with some manufacturers. Toyota radios USED to be supplied by Panasonic/National, Clarion and Fujitsu Ten/Eclipse, so I would start there. Of course, my knowledge of Toyota sound systems dates back 12-20 years ago. I don't know if these are still current suppliers.

Reply to
hachiroku

hi

sorry for taking time to reply to you

yes you have to take the bottom facia where the radio tuner buttons are.

the interface box plugs in to the back of the casset player

and no you dont tune it,

you can get what you need from

this helps

les