OT: S&P hits yearly low

Thanks George "Hoover" Bush. I guess the administration is happy as long as the oil companies get their record profits and the rich get their tax cuts. Look for some tail waging. Pretty scary thinking we have four more years of these idiots running the country.

Reply to
ToMh

Were you this concerned in 2000, the worst year in Nasdaq history?

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Of course, but what does that have to do with Bush's economic recovery disaster?

Reply to
ToMh

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Seriously, the economic downturn was due to Clinton's policies. In case you didn't notice, HE was president when the economy started its nosedive.

Bush had that AND 9/11 to contend with simultaneously. Trying to blame him for any economic woes is quite impossible and futile.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Hahahahaha, I knew you'd somehow blame Clinton. Are you that thick? What the hell does any of that have to do with the current failed Bush policies for economic recovory? You know, the plan to get the economy back on track. I don't think Clinton has been consulted by this administration.

Reply to
ToMh

No, but apparently YOU are. You still haven't acknowledged just who occupied the White House when this economic downturn started.

Foundation, my son. Listen, heed, and learn. Bush was handed a bag of crap from Clinton. The media completely ignored the destruction of the economy starting late in 1999, and throughout 2000. A good thing to do when your favored party is in power. After all, they didn't want to handicap Gore any more than his personality already did. After less than two weeks into the Bush presidency, they started harping about the supposedly newly reappearing homeless. But I digress. Bush did a great job with what he was handed. Couple that with 9/11 and its one trillion dollar drain on the world economy and these were some pretty high hurdles to jump. Current policy for overspending merely dictates that we take a hard look at just what needs to be eliminated in the way of (I love this word) "entitlement" spending.

I only find "provide for the common defense" in our Constitution. Not "provide for the lazy or for illegal residents". The following phrase, "promote the general welfare", has nothing to do with welfare payments, much to the consternation of the left-wing extremists.

Thank God.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

After all, they didn't

Gore has a personality? When did this happen and why wasn't I told?!

Natalie, a moderate and a brat

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Why bother trying to explain to these idiots. They'll come back with the same crap. You're wasting your valuable time on these fools.

Reply to
Dbu~`

Sure, Bush is doing a great job. A record deficit, a questionable war based on bad intelligance and a trillion dollar tax cut for the rich is just what we needed to turn the economy around, but you righties just keep your head in the sand and your hand on your heart and keep blaming past administrations while this president sells out our country to the Oil companies and the CEO's.

.
Reply to
ToMh

Okay, let me guess: The period of relative prosperity and budget surpluses during the eight years of Clinton's administration was a result of Bush, Sr.'s policies?

Reply to
Truckdude

Q: What does Al Gore use for birth control? a: His personality.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Far better for we independent thinkers to see beyond the spoon-fed pablum your ilk is so willing to suck up and digest.

But that's yet another story.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Ignorance is one thing. Their WILLING ignorance is another.

I'm done with this dead horse.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

BTW, I'm watching Jane Fonda on CSPN, speaking before the National Press Club recently. It's actually difficult to watch her. I'm feeling a bit sorry for her and I think some there might feel a bit uncomfortable. Sad.

On the other hand, she is an actor and wants to show her passion, I guess. ......whatever, LOL.

Reply to
Dbu~`

Did he just refer to the right as....independent thinkers? HAH HAH HAH, that has to be the funniest thing I have EVER heard. Go into a Republican forum once and notice how they are a bunch of lemmings all blabbing about the same thing, no diverse make up at all, and any time /anyone/ even another republican / conservative disagrees with the mainstream they SHUT THE THREAD DOWN, lock it and give it a bad title and then BAN the user. On the contrary go to a democratic forum and look at the diverse opinions often people getting into intelligent discussions working out issues in detail, its black and white. The religious RIGHTIES are a good example of how gullible the right is these days, spoon fed? shovel fed.

Independent thinkers....genius.

Reply to
Josh

It's so funny how often the Reps blame the previous Dem president for all the bad, watch how fast they take credit for the good though!

Reply to
Josh

Dbu~` wrote the following on 4/14/2005 7:53 PM:

BTW, what does Jane Fonda have to do with the S&P hitting a yearly low?

I guess because she was against a war 40 years ago, she must have affected the S&P index today, is that it?

Josh wrote the following on 4/14/2005 8:30 PM:

The fact that so many righty retards are religious demonstrates their inability to be independent thinkers.

I lost quite a bit in stocks, down with bush jr. bring back slick willy.

Reply to
andre_lortie

I am in AWE of your intellect.